Formatting Help

Lets just say its not expensive where I'm getting it ;) and leave it at that. But if you say its not bad; then I can't wait. It should have come today - bloody postal service! :mad: Ahhh!!

KDevelop? Linux Studio I guess?

bluto said:
root
please edit this when your sober.I hope you didn't mistype hardcore.
:eek:
actally I think yuo'l find I only made two spelling mitakes there. I missed an M off of made and a P of of paths

Actually most applications and updates (if Made well) expect the system drive to be %system%...

it's only if you make poor applications and hardcode Paths in that people run into trouble...

It is meant to say Hardcode because that is the name given to the process of setting information in stone in the programming world, In this case it would apply to giving the path c:\windows\ as apposed to %system%...

Perhaps (now that you're sober) you should re-read the original post.

root said:
actally I think yuo'l find I only made two spelling mitakes there. I missed an M off of made and a P of of paths

Actually most applications and updates (if Made well) expect the system drive to be %system%...

it's only if you make poor applications and hardcode Paths in that people run into trouble...

It is meant to say Hardcode because that is the name given to the process of setting information in stone in the programming world, In this case it would apply to giving the path c:\windows\ as apposed to %system%...

Perhaps (now that you're sober) you should re-read the original post.
The way i see it is you are asked if C:\Programs is ok.say yes.I think its dumb to say no and intall it on another drive or maybe a cd-rw disk,Don't you see these are registered software.Will it work right if you muck around?
Don't you mean *system*
the % symbol is forbidden in a lot of cases.

Hehe, its your paranoid senility creeping up again. Keeping it in Program Files is so disorganised; personally I've used a Utilities Folder with Folders in it like Zips and Imagry and Media and Encoding to keep the files organised. Looks nice too. Then a Games Folder for all the Games and a Microsoft Folder for all the Microsoft Programs. I even decided today to Partition of 20Gigs for my new Visual Studio so I can faff about without fear I'll create something dangerous and wipe my system! ;)

Organisation is the Key Bluto! :D ORGANSISATION AND OMPTOMISM! :d

Back
Top Bottom