Kazza forget it

bluto

Banned
Do you people browse this forum ?
Can't you see kazza is a no no ?
Brand new computer.You might pretend you don't "know what happened"
Good luck splaining it.
:D

Haha! I've used Kazaa now for? I don't know? Good on 2 years. I've used Morpheus before that for a previous 2 years. I've been using Shareaza for about half a year and no problems with that either.

I stand by my track record of NO (yep; that was no) serious Virus or Spyware problem ever in that great amout of time.

Being paranoid will just make you older and more snappy Bluto! :D And anymore of either is not safe! :D

Haha! I'm so funny.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I've been using Shareaza for about half a year and no problems with that either.

I agree with Lord, he's right with Shareaza. Shareaza is better than Kazaa. Kazaa is buggy but not Shareaza. Plus more Shareaza doesn't have those FrEaKiNg Spywares or Adwares.. Those stuff stinks.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha! I've used Kazaa now for? I don't know? Good on 2 years. I've used Morpheus before that for a previous 2 years. I've been using Shareaza for about half a year and no problems with that either.

I stand by my track record of NO (yep; that was no) serious Virus or Spyware problem ever in that great amout of time.

Being paranoid will just make you older and more snappy Bluto! :D And anymore of either is not safe! :D

Haha! I'm so funny.
using kazzaa for 2 years withno spyware problems? i almost find that too hard to believe.:eek:

if you are using Kazza (as in the full version) then it is impossible to believe as it is Gator adware sponsored. if you did a spyware scan you'd find the brilliant dependance DLLs, if you delete them that breaks Kazzaa. there is a work around that I've heard of, but I can't remember it.

If you use Kazzaa lite then I'd beleieve it as it was freeware, and uniquly against spyware so much so that the installer has a virus protetion stuff, and has other things to help prevent spyware...

Well none are " technically " legal but then again basically everyone one the web has a torrent or p2p program so no one can do anything about it, i know regular kazaa is full of spyware and adware but lite+++ or whatever isnt, ill stick with Aresta ( ares ) ad free and fast as anything.

~RAM

I think it's the other way around... and it's all thanks to Sony that it has been leagal for so long...

Way back in the eighties there was a landmark legal case against Sony, the music companies suggesed that in inventing the record button they were aiding and abetting music piracy, and had to remove the function, and pay costs to the disenfranchised companies. However Sony argued that just by giving the function to people that didn't mean it had a solely illegal purpose, the function was usefull, and it should be the case that the actual music pirates were prosecuted and not the people that gave them th means. (it'd be like prosecuting a gun maker when someone was shot!).

This was sharman networks (th makrs of Kazzaa) defence when Sony tried to take them to court saying that their software was illegal.

P2P networks are usefull, since so many people now have lots of unused space on thier hard drives, and most now have bandwidth. P2P filesharing programs have aplpications for legally sharing documents and programs. saving the official companies a lot of bandwidh costs.

Ideally companies like redhat would release Linux distros onto P2P because then people would be able to download at faster speeds, and it would save the company bandwidth costs.
(Debian already use this, it is possible (and encouraged) for people to use BitTorrent to get the Distro).

So the point is that it is perfectly legal to have filesharing programs, but it is illegal to use them to download and to share copyrighted material.

root said:
if you are using Kazza (as in the full version) then it is impossible to believe as it is Gator adware sponsored. if you did a spyware scan you'd find the brilliant dependance DLLs, if you delete them that breaks Kazzaa. there is a work around that I've heard of, but I can't remember it.

If you use Kazzaa lite then I'd beleieve it as it was freeware, and uniquly against spyware so much so that the installer has a virus protetion stuff, and has other things to help prevent spyware...
It depends on your definition of a Problem? I can keep the CMESys at bay and thats the only thing that it can bring up now (I have over a long period of time worked out what you can and cannot delet and keep Kazaa working) and once you stop CMESys at the startup it doesn't come back until next startup.

I'm too cheap to buy Kazaa Lite.

Back
Top Bottom