occupation

l3x

Solid State Member
im not sure if this post should be in this section or not, but im new here..i just had a general question for you guys, which computer job do u think is the best..interest wise, pay wise, job availability wise, you know..im 17 and i want to go to the air force and get a computer related job, and then i plan to go to college too..so ive researched alot and have came up with either computer programming, or one of the computer engineering jobs..i dunno..i would like an opinion from you guys if u know..what do you think?

What do you like doing? What are you good at? theres no point in just getting a job that you hate, just because the pay is good. Me myself would like to fondle around on the server side when i am older :D

well i dunno really..i know a little..i would like to find something that i could be trained in at tech school in the air force..tahts why im asking such a general question...i just wanted yalls opinions..not suggestions really...anybody?

well i dunno really..i know a little..i would like to find something that i could be trained in at tech school in the air force..tahts why im asking such a general question...i just wanted yalls opinions..not suggestions really...anybody?

I think it'd be foolish to go into a service without a qualification. I think you'd do better to carry on with the colledge you are at now, go to uni and take computer science or something. That way you'll be more qualified to do any job. you'll also be qualified to do the job that you would have been trained to do in the services. - with the added bonus that as a holder of a certificate of higher education you have more chance of an officers job - which is higher paid, and in the event that you decide that you don't like the services (I've friends who joined thinking they would but actually really hate it) then you'll be qualified to get any job you want.

keep in mind im only 17 and still in high school..i will be taking computer science as a senior...then i will go to airforce...and then college.....

are any of u guys actually in a computer related profession? or are u guys just smart with computers?

Im not anyway, Just in high school. Just like computers i guess :D

how can i speak to someone in this field...anybody know a link of some sort...im desperate to get some real opinions and information

Well being a hardware technician isnt that hard if you dont mind getting dirty and fixing up some wires, as long as your not working by yourself, try finding a little computer shop and be an apprentice and you can learn as you go along

~ram

Back
Top Bottom