Your Views: Which Is The Best OS?

root said:
I like linux simply becase it's powrefull and free.
I like windows because it's powerfull and easy to use.
Currently on my PCs I have windows 98 on one older on, windows XP on another, windows XP on my main PC. W2k advanced server dual boots on that as well, I have windows 2k3 on my main server.

I have redhat 8 on my Linux server. I tried redhat 9, but found that they appeared to have broken the NTFS components, so I didn't keep that for long. I've started to use redhat fedora, and will duel boot when I've cleared a little space on my main machine...
Either that or I'll duel boot Debian Linux. If I could get my Broadband USB modem to work with Linux then I'd make my main server that.
I have a Suse live eval, and a copy of Damn smal linux, this is so that I can 'rescue' systems that have gone wrong.
I've said all the way through this debate that they both have their srong and weak points, it seems so far that the only argument to be proposed here for linux is that 1 windows has lots of updates (though as I've pointed out linux sometimes has more), Linux is open source (though as I've said before I don't actually know anyone [besides a few lecturers] who could actually understand the source).
Linux loks better (although there are just as many themes available for XP)
Windows is hackable (but a magazine did a study and linux was only 30seconds more secure)
So far I've seen no decent argument that convinces me that Linux is far superior to windows.
(conversl I've seen no arguments that say windows is far superior to linux).
Haha! I'm hurt! I thought I had done some good arguments.

Oh well; maybe in a couple of years my arguments as well as my knowledge of Windows will be so much greater that I will have found a damn good reason! :D

Back
Top Bottom