Urgent hep regarding Internet connection needed please

I suppose a "computerfreek" (or anyone not joining the millions of sheep who already exist) wouldn't go near aol in the first place, possibly why I've never had problems with the internet? Not my fault you fucked up your modem you said you ran a load of checks on it anyway.

I seem to be banging my head against a wall here, try reading the whole of a post and not picking out bits that appeal to you. I started this thread to get some advice on how to solve my problem, not get into an arguement with the resident idiot.

My modem was not "fucked up" by me as you elegantly put it, it is an inherant fault of the modem itself. I did run checks but as the modem was technically working as it should, nothing was picked up.

The reason I went with AOL broadband was because I had used their dial up previously, which in my opinion was very good. I assumed their broadband service was the same, but hey.

Iv'e used winMx for a while now Rakedog, it is a very good program. I just find that it's only really useful for music and not visual media.

I will be cancelling AOL very soon, looking at going with Freedom2surf as they appear to offer a good package and have good reviews. Anyone had any experience of them?

Iv'e used winMx for a while now Rakedog, it is a very good program. I just find that it's only really useful for music and not visual media.

mmmm? What do you mean. They have movies, photos, and stuff..

I know that, I just find that Kazzaa has always had a greater selection, when it comes to visual media. I prefer WinMX for music, just personal preference.

ohh ok. I must admit that you're probably right about that, but i dont like kazaa because of all the viruses circulating it. Perhaps that number has dropped in recent months though.

and one more thing...this will sound really stupid to all of you, but is it kazaa or kazza. I can't remember 'cuz i haven't used it for a long time.
In this thread ive heard:

Kazaa
Kazzaa
Kaaza
Kazza
Kaazza

nikhibuk said:
Like I said, when I'm only browsing there is no problem, and I can download for certain amounts of time.

I would cancel AOL but if it isn't an AOL problem then it's not going to get me anywhere.
It seems big downloads are your main concern.So get DAP Download Accelerator and it will allow dl's to resume later.It'easy to find with google.So browse over there.
;)

bluto said:
It seems big downloads are your main concern.So get DAP Download Accelerator and it will allow dl's to resume later.It'easy to find with google.So browse over there.
;)
I use DAP all the time and find as Freeware it's an excellent piece of software.

Back
Top Bottom