Need A Website!!!!!!!!!!

When you say basic, if you mean these sites. (http://pcfcancer.no-ip.com/proj/kb/
http://pcfcancer.no-ip.com/proj/xst/
http://pcfcancer.no-ip.com/proj/bxst/)

yes they are basic, they are a proof of concept for a larger project and are more of a technical achievement than a site...

Having gone to some of your site, and looked at the source, I can se that you havent written all your sites yourself either, certainly not in a simple text editor...

and having looked at the source I'll let you into a little web secret*

ther is a thing called style sheets, you can set back ground colours and text colours on mass, you can assign class to object to allow easy updating. all you have to do is link the style sheet.

*when I say secret I mean common knowledge.

but as a web designer, who is clearly good enough to boast and tout his work on public forums, I'm sre you knew al about that already... :)

(and yes I am just being argumentative now!)

Umm, PCdoctor. For some reason I believe you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. HTML is actualy a very simple markup language. Try eXternal markup language (XML) and some advise if you want to stick with html, start using css. Your sites wold be much more appealing if you did so.

Also, the sites may suck but it ammounts to the level of informaty they have.

There is absolutlely nothing wrong with a simple web site if "IT GETS THE JOB DONE"-everybody does css-I find it has become boring.
There is nothing wrong with using compilers and no in inherent superiority in hand coding. The Visuals is what count. And if someone pays you for something, is happy with it and it GETS HITS-because the creator is a real webmaster not just an art critic than he is doing his job. There are a billion pretty sites no body cares about because there is no content,no meta tagging, no refferal links, no search engine inclusion and no real substance. Google sucks-but its the most popular engine because it works. Yahoo looks like crap but loads at 28k in 4 seconds.
Sophistication for its own sake is superflous. Super Jazzy isn't seen by a web spider.
Webmastering isn't just about how it looks-its about how it works.
If you were paid for your sites and your clients were happy more power to you!
Code:
 <TITLE>Millennia World Travel</TITLE>
<META name="ROBOTS" content="INDEX,FOLLOW">
<meta name="Keywords" CONTENT="World Car Hire, World Cruise Lines, Ferry Travel, Hotels Worldwide, Tour Operators worldwide, World Train Travel, Travel Insurance Worldwide, Activity Holidays, Worldwide Destination Ideas"> 
<meta name="Description" CONTENT="This site is packed full of travel links including World Car Hire, World Cruise Lines, Ferry Travel, Hotels Worldwide, Tour Operators Worldwide, Activity Holidays, Worldwide Destination Ideas">

Above is the first sign of a real web master-I can't count the sites Ive looked at that were "superior"-flash, java,css, and more which didn't even have basic meta tagging and the site counters read 310, but the owners where the Worlds Greatest Webmasters.

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>PCFF Cancer Team</title>
<link REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="style.css">
</head>
<body>

above is the code for the comparison site-no meta tagging at all
BUT ITS CSS- Il bet google doesnt care

why dont you use flash for websites? They can make some very nice interactive websites.

why not use flash?
mostly because action script when used for navigation breaks the browser history.
pages of flash documents cannot be directly linked to and therefore always have to be navigated to.
flash intors on sites are just plain annoying, - do your regular visitors really want to waste another 30seconds of their lives watching your trailer.
people rarely put decent scrolling functionality into a flash document, and flash documents never resize to fit the windows in the same way that HTML usually does.
(thats just the short list)

pcdoctor, just face it.....you're websites are amoung some of the most basic websites i have seen in all my time at Theory7!

guys don't be hating! it's not nice to diss other ppl for no reason.. and dissing cause of the web design techniques is part of the "no reason" section

Back
Top Bottom