OK, listen up dave heal etc.

Sounds like you had a good time and it sounds like a great place to go with the bands playing that you listed above!

Rocker said:
But you don't just need to understand Rock Music, you need to understand Death Metal, Grunge, Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Goth Metal ... the list goes on. Add me on MSN, and I'll give you a few songs to listen to - it'll give you a taste of what music I listen to. ;)

OH! I understand you now: I classify all of that in one big group of Rock named Hardcore-Industrial-Germanic-Super-Funk-Grunge-Metal-Rock Music.

I don't go on MSN much (not at least one I'll talk to you on ;) if you get my drift). I'm sure I can live without hearing the finer points of the pleasant and soothing symphony that is Hardcore-Industrial-Germanic-Super-Funk-Grunge-Metal-Rock. Give me nice calm Lionel Richie and I'll be happy.

Awww, c'mon. It was that attitude (though, more of, give me some P.O.D and I'll be happy) that nearly stopped me from finding what I have now come to love.

A few songs can't hurt can it?

Rocker said:
Awww, c'mon. It was that attitude (though, more of, give me some P.O.D and I'll be happy) that nearly stopped me from finding what I have now come to love.

A few songs can't hurt can it?
Haha; I'll give it a go then. Name some and I'll download them for your amusement; but don't expect me to like them! :D I'm listening to Lionel Richie right now - and I don't think crazy haired violent Germans can beat a man with such sex-appeal he can dance on the ceiling.

Slipknot - Purity
Chimaira - Down Again
Korn - Faget
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Cradle Of Filth - Better To Reign In Hell
Dimmu Borgir - Burn In Hell
HIM - Funeral Of Hearts (you may like that one)
Machine Head - Bite The Bullet
CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings
Slipknot - The Blister Exists

----

Listen to those, and you've practically heard the contents of my 32 hour long playlist.

Good luck .. you never know, you may like it.

BTW .. anyone else who wants to listen to the "shit" I listen to, go ahead.

It is a bit harsh. All of it. And they don't have very nice voices either? Guitars just don't have the same nice ring to them that Violins or Celos have. I didn't much like it! :D Couldn't understand what they were saying - must have all been in German.

Nope ... every song I gave you was in English.

And what do you mean harsh? You mean the shear heavyness and verocity of it? That's the beautiful part! The thumping of the double bass drums and ripping of the guitars is what makes Heavy Metal what it is. It's unique ... nearly every band has their own unique sound and style. Unlike pop ... where all it is are a bunch of twats dancing around myming to music. It's what makes Heavy Metal so intense. Try listening to the Machine Head song with your speakers full blast. You might think differently.

Back
Top Bottom