I have arrived!

yes they moniter go but its for the greater gd
also if longhorn is as gd as i here i doubt there will be a place for linux

Rocker said:
For me, Longhorn could be the death or the glory for Microsoft. If Longhorn is good, then yeah, it could put the knife in the heart of Mac ... but not necesarrily Linux, since I think Linux will still hang in there. But it would give Microsoft that little bit extra room in the market, which Mac were previously taking up.
Oh; it will be. I didn't see what any of the other Windows looked like in Alpha or even Beta because I did have the internet so much at the time but Longhorn will be, if you ask me, brilliant. It should certainly do that; I would be happy if it does nothing to Linux and whipes that last 4% of Mac off the mapp so that it owns 99% of all Computers! I wonder what the Monopoly Commission would do to that? If the opposition was stuck off all legally and therefore no way to stop it? :D Linux is like a Frog (French Person) that just won't die; so thats quite likely.

Rocker said:
However, I think that many users will find Microsofts ways too constricting, their attempts to monitor their users was blatantly apparent in XP, with SP2, it is obvious that more actions were taken to stop users using things like Kazaa/Imesh/WinMX etc. I fear Longhorn will do that, along with a lot more. Users may enjoy their freedom - thus enjoying the luxuries of staying with a less monitoring OS, like XP, or, I have to say it, going with the cheaper, less constricting Mac or Linux.

It's a double edged sword.
Monitor Users? Its called the Customer Improvement Plan and its volunteery; it is on MSN Messenger and MSN Explorer. You get the choice. Don't know where your sources of them taking your personal information without your knowledge or conset has come from but its not true! That is true; Kazaa wouldn't start up at all and after a while not even Shareaza or Limewire would connect. Is that not just a problem with the Beta? I think they will see what will happen with SP2 with stopping P2P programs like Kazaa and learn that lesson quickly - allowing Kazaa on Longhorn. Do they take any personal details about you with this monitoring? I think not! :D They see what you're doing and what you're using and how its working - it is an improvement plan.

I continue to believe Windows will prevail and certainly by Blackcomb (about when I plan to join the Microsoft Graduate Program) Mac will have been crushed like an apple between the buxom of a large russian lady.

[QUOTEmatt be me] yes they moniter go but its for the greater gd
also if longhorn is as gd as i here i doubt there will be a place for linux [/QUOTE]
Good words. Until Microsoft bring out a 'Professional' Version to allow for the strengths and security and stability and great amount of usage that is carried out by people who go to Linux then I think there will always be a market for it. It is when Microsoft can show the younger generations that you can do all this with a version of Windows that Linux is doomed. God bring that day as soon as possible.

I think it's stupid when people bash either linux or microsoft, I like and use them both,, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I'll let you into a secret LK, linux is getting bigger and bigger in computing industry because it is free to use, therefore companies get to save lots on licensing.
Denthúl the secret I have to let you into is this... no matter how much you hate Microsoft they are most definitly here to stay, there are too many people who rely on microsoft, too many home users using microsoft, who them expect to see it's familliar environment at work...
The advice I have for both of you is this... If you want to get anywhere in the world of computers you'll lesson your biased opinions of each OSW, and learn to use and love both. for all it's strreangths and weaknesses.

gd advice root
but still i dont think there will be much room for linux unless they can come up a new OS
but yeh im happy because longhorn will be great and we can all say
bye bye mac bye bye

Denthúl said:
I might try programming an OS
That is one of the many things I would like to do one day. Either under the banner of Microsoft (which would be great) or maybe even myself or with a group off the internet. Its just one of those things that sounds like a whole lot of fun even if it never works. I'll have to see how far my programming goes; I ordered Visual Studio 2003 yesterday, he sent it yesterday allong with MSDN Library 2004 so it should come in a couple of days! :D Then I can start some major learning.

root said:
I think it's stupid when people bash either linux or microsoft, I like and use them both,, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I'll let you into a secret LK, linux is getting bigger and bigger in computing industry because it is free to use, therefore companies get to save lots on licensing.
Denthúl the secret I have to let you into is this... no matter how much you hate Microsoft they are most definitly here to stay, there are too many people who rely on microsoft, too many home users using microsoft, who them expect to see it's familliar environment at work...
The advice I have for both of you is this... If you want to get anywhere in the world of computers you'll lesson your biased opinions of each OSW, and learn to use and love both. for all it's strreangths and weaknesses.
They do both have their strengths and their weaknesses; I have to agree with you there.

I realise that! :D I'm not totally ignorant, yet. I don't think people stay on for those reasons; although they are the major reasons. If they were to move to Linux they would not the ease of use, the GUI, and the huge ability to use anything they buy for their PC. With Linux you would always have to worry what you're buying.

Hehe; I'll try my very best to prove you wrong there! :D

You should try redhat. if you are as 'hard core' linux as your first post suggests then you should definitly try Debian. - It's not for the feint hearted.

Back
Top Bottom