Please help...computer is running really slow

rezz

Beta member
Hey guys.I have a AMD Athlon 1.3 Gig,128MB RAM,80GB HDD computer and it runs really slow...my system resources are 30% free and I've had it at 90% free but it still runs really slow, and crashes a lot...you guys have any tips on how to sove this problem?

see the adware post-check for virus's and defragment your drive, make sure bios settings are correct and that video cacheing is turned on if you have an onboard video system. If you have a 3d card turn off video cacheing.

Well, if you're running windows xp with 128 MB of ram, you're running at bare minimum! With windows new luna interface, it can take as much as an entire 210 MB of RAM just to run itself! So for this problem I would just buy more RAM.

If your not running XP, forget the RAM and do a system re-install.

deepthroat said:
Well, if you're running windows xp with 128 MB of ram, you're running at bare minimum! With windows new luna interface, it can take as much as an entire 210 MB of RAM just to run itself! So for this problem I would just buy more RAM.

If your not running XP, forget the RAM and do a system re-install.
Sorry but i disagree,Window needs hd space.128 ram is plenty.
Windows needs 500 mb of hard drive to work well.
This is just a maintainance problem,Scandisk,delete C:|Windows\"temp"
then Iex temp inet files.use Disk Cleanup.Empty the trash and do a Defrag.
Also try here and use "auto"
pcpitstop.com
:)

I think Bluto is closer to the money-though 128 megs is skimmpy-I actually think were all right.
get more memory-make sure windows has about 500 to 700 megs of virtual memory. And check for parasites.
Good job guys.

my computer is so stuffed up with adware that until i clsoe all of it with control+alt+ dealte the internet will open up and it gets annoying and its the back up programs that dont need to be running that latly stuffed it up ill get a list of it all so you can tell me what i need and dont need opened as soon as i get this error fixed

Back
Top Bottom