firefox highly pointless feature

HerrDoktor

Baseband Member
highly pointless feature:

you can open all of your bookmarks in tabs automaticly now! incase you want to read 60 or so pages all at once, just go bookmarks/whatever favs/open in tabs. highly pointless yet somewhat amusing...

btw, mods feel free to delete this post

I use firefox, and I think it is great.

HerrDoktor, the feature is for organized people who put their bookmarks in folders. For example, if I want to go to all the forums I frequent at once, I can put them in a folder called "Forums" or sometheing, then click the "Open in Tabs" button.

I don't have that many favourites - but I do find it useful to open anything up to 40 Browsers to get my Posting and Forum Viewing up for that day all at once. Don't need any fancy tabs for it though! :D

hmm, the windows task bar grouping looks nicer than the tabs I think.

But only having one program ope, keeping pages in a different workspace uses less resources.

I always have my windows taskbar set on autohide to conserve room on my desktop, so the tabs are nice because I can always see them, rather than having to move my mouse down and then clicking on the taskbar icon for the firefox group and then selecting the window I want

Sometimes i have different windows open for different things, each with a different set of tabs.

What would really be cool is if windows had virtual desktops to switch between...

It also complies with all the w3c standards, and lacks all the holes that internet explorer has built into it. "Ohh, there are no holes in internet explorer," you say, "there can't be, it is commercial software." Yes, there are, and I have pointed out the ones I feel are the most dangerous at http://webletter.dchweb.com/?issue=2

I also like firefox because of its small icons that internet explorer seems to... uhh... well, what did internet explorer do to the small icons idea anyway...?

DCHWeb said:
It also complies with all the w3c standards, and lacks all the holes that internet explorer has built into it. "Ohh, there are no holes in internet explorer," you say, "there can't be, it is commercial software." Yes, there are, and I have pointed out the ones I feel are the most dangerous at http://webletter.dchweb.com/?issue=2

I also like firefox because of its small icons that internet explorer seems to... uhh... well, what did internet explorer do to the small icons idea anyway...?
Hehe, you're so funny! :D

Just as a side note; the Internet Explorer being built with Longhorn if of the highest quality. My own page about this is still being written; but when it is I shall be sure to tell you that it is there.

DCH's Web said:
If you are running Internet Explorer, it is HIGHLY suggested that you switch browsers. View DCH Computer Webletter Issue 1-2-2 for more information.

Back
Top Bottom