I have arrived!

Joel~

Daemon Poster
Hi, I'm new here as you have probably guessed and just to let you know that you shouldn't ask me about Windows or Microsoft as I dislike them more than anything else.

Denthúl said:
just to let you know that you shouldn't ask me about Windows or Microsoft as I dislike them more than anything else.

I like this guy already. ;)

Anyways, welcome. :)

I like Microsoft ... but am perfectly aware of it's many flaws.

I like Linux, infact love it, I personally think that after the release of Longhorn, Linux will take the lead because of Microsoft trying to be so controlling over its users.

Rocker said:
I like Microsoft ... but am perfectly aware of it's many flaws.

I like Linux, infact love it, I personally think that after the release of Longhorn, Linux will take the lead because of Microsoft trying to be so controlling over its users.
I like to take the optomistic route and say that Microsoft is the best; and that Longhorn will simple help to increase the brilliance of its software and Operating Systems. I continue to hope that Longhorn will be the last blow to Linux. :D

best thing is it will take out all of the competion MAC and linux
then again mac wasnt a threat to anyway

Lord Kalthorn said:
I like to take the optomistic route and say that Microsoft is the best; and that Longhorn will simple help to increase the brilliance of its software and Operating Systems. I continue to hope that Longhorn will be the last blow to Linux. :D

For me, Longhorn could be the death or the glory for Microsoft. If Longhorn is good, then yeah, it could put the knife in the heart of Mac ... but not necesarrily Linux, since I think Linux will still hang in there. But it would give Microsoft that little bit extra room in the market, which Mac were previously taking up.

However, I think that many users will find Microsofts ways too constricting, their attempts to monitor their users was blatantly apparent in XP, with SP2, it is obvious that more actions were taken to stop users using things like Kazaa/Imesh/WinMX etc. I fear Longhorn will do that, along with a lot more. Users may enjoy their freedom - thus enjoying the luxuries of staying with a less monitoring OS, like XP, or, I have to say it, going with the cheaper, less constricting Mac or Linux.

It's a double edged sword.

Back
Top Bottom