VB Program help

jay8990

Daemon Poster
Hi this is going to sound prety dam stupid but i can never pick a password! I tryed to make a Visual Basic (6) program that involved the user entering a password and the program changing it into something else. and displaying a new jumble of letters to use as the password.
So it would not be possible to work out the new password from the original word. all my mates seemt o guess all mine cause i just cant think of any. I have tryed at this but, i have a (very!) limited knowledge of programming and ended up with a very ugly and long code that produced 0,0,0,0,!

so to calibrate can anyone tell me/show me how VB can be used to extract characters form a word and match it against another?

so for instance if the original word was dog, it extracted d and changed this to y, and for o made it x, and g made that a or something. just a jumble!

so in the end you can not crack the final password without knowing the original word and having the source code to match it up with?

Many thanks fr any help offerd!

Sorry should have highlighted, i dont want it as random characters, if you enter dog and it comes up with YXA if i close the program open it again and type dog again i want it to show YXA again, not random.

Erm, can't help you with that cause I don't know too much programming - but write random letters and numbers on a piece of paper maybe 9 or 10 characters long and use that. They won't guess something like that; and eventually it will become second nature to you.

Back
Top Bottom