How big is yours?

posiview

Baseband Member
How big is your hard drive memory and how much have you used?

Mine's 120 GB and I have used 13%.

As a matter of interest, what's the biggest memory available for a home computer?

Also, do you think that people's hard drives are just too big, that is, they are unlikely to ever reach 100% use?

Newer Advents (what mine was at the time) have half a Terabyte (500,000,000,000 bytes) which is a lot.

I only have a comparitively mieserly 320Gb; which is still near a third. I try to tell myself its all I need.

I thought 30Gb was huge when I got it late 2001. I filled that all the way. I think 320Gb is a lot; probably by late 2005 early 2006 (when I plan to get my new computer) I will have practically filled this one up.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Newer Advents (what mine was at the time) have half a Terabyte (500,000,000,000 bytes) which is a lot.

I only have a comparitively mieserly 320Gb; which is still near a third. I try to tell myself its all I need.

I thought 30Gb was huge when I got it late 2001. I filled that all the way. I think 320Gb is a lot; probably by late 2005 early 2006 (when I plan to get my new computer) I will have practically filled this one up.

Filled 320 GB - what the hell will you be loading!? That's MASSIVE!!!

Mine is a 40 gig, lol...But I buy HDD with a rule of thumb, I predict how much space I'll use, then double it.Why do you ask? All my systems run best when half the space is used(50%)maximum.I don't actually fill my HDD!

I've used about 39% of my HDD by the way...

im planning on putting in a second 40gb hard drive
i ve used 20 so far and thts mostly school work proggramming tutorials and some of my own videos
also anything over 120gb what will you do if ur computer crashes thats aloot of stuff to loose also how do you back tht amount up
or do you just pray each nite tht it wont fail

What a load of Pessimistic people you all are! Optomism! OPTOMISM!! :D :D :D :D :D

Eitherway; if I needed to back things up then I would buy another backup hard drive. I've already used up 60Gb before.

Back
Top Bottom