Need Help - Computer Hardware

Jiptrav

Beta member
I bought yesterday a few new bits and bobs in the idea of building my own computer - I was happy this afternoon when everything seemed to have slotted in to the correct holes etc..

However when I have gone to turn the machine on it starts for about 5 seconds and then shuts down, I have checked the power supply this is ok, and I have checked the front panel and this seems ok.

The mother board is a Gigabyte Socket A Motherboard GA-7VA.

I am stuck and have no idea what is wrong, any ideas I would appreciate the help.

Usually if the machine shuts down right away you have incorrectly assembled it. You either have a short somewhere-like a screw stuck under the mother board or dropped into the unit. or you might have the cpu in the socket wrong-though thats unlikely or you could have a defective power supply-Ive built gillions of computers and thats usually the 3 main reasons for a no go.

Cheers GaryG, Last thing I did last night at midnight sorted it out, the reset switch was in wrong, correct as per the manual but wrong! move the + and - around and it worked fine after that.

Many thanks for the reply, I think that these forums are great for helping the novices like myself out.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom