what is soo bad about Macintosh?

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
Not that I'm supporting them or anything, I have always used windows myself, but I noticed just about everyone on this site hates Macintosh. Although I have heard from people that it is the most stable system there is and has never failed. So can sombody tell me, what reasons they have for disliking Mac? Not that i would ever switch to mac myself.
I'm just curious.:confused:

crazyman143 said:
Not that I'm supporting them or anything, I have always used windows myself, but I noticed just about everyone on this site hates Macintosh. Although I have heard from people that it is the most stable system there is and has never failed. So can sombody tell me, what reasons they have for disliking Mac? Not that i would ever switch to mac myself.
I'm just curious.:confused:

Its because none of us are of an insane disposition; nor do many of us have serious mental issues. :D

Who the devil told you that! :p You should probably call the hospital about that one.

I think it's one of those "it depends on who you ask" type questions. I have met people whose sole purpose in life is to bash Macs. I have also met people, with an equal ferocity, who want nothing but PCs banished from the earth. I have both (a PC desktop and a Mac laptop) and, on the very surface, there's not a huge difference. Windows is highly based on the Mac user interface (Apple invented it, MS "utilized" it for Windows). The concepts are similar, but Mac users will have a learning curve for Windows and vice versa. One big thing is that Macs crash HARD when they crash (that little bomb icon is a death knell). The inner system file structure is also more incomprehensible than Windows'. Macs are also more expensive in general, the hardware is largely proprietary (which can cause headaches), software is a little more difficult to find, and servicing is usually a nightmare (the city I live in has about 2-3 Mac service centers - they run a virtual monopoly - and I live in a large city). Apple has also been ruthless with Anti-PC marketing, which probably infuriates PC-philes. Their claims that Macs are "easier to use" and "crash less" are laughable and unfounded. In the end, Macs do at least take design into consideration when building boxes. They just plain LOOK cooler for the most part.

ewomack said:
I think it's one of those "it depends on who you ask" type questions. I have met people whose sole purpose in life is to bash Macs. I have also met people, with an equal ferocity, who want nothing but PCs banished from the earth. I have both (a PC desktop and a Mac laptop) and, on the very surface, there's not a huge difference. Windows is highly based on the Mac user interface (Apple invented it, MS "utilized" it for Windows).
Apple Invented it? I think you'll find Xerox invented it. :D

ewomack said:
The concepts are similar, but Mac users will have a learning curve for Windows and vice versa. One big thing is that Macs crash HARD when they crash (that little bomb icon is a death knell). The inner system file structure is also more incomprehensible than Windows'. Macs are also more expensive in general, the hardware is largely proprietary (which can cause headaches), software is a little more difficult to find, and servicing is usually a nightmare (the city I live in has about 2-3 Mac service centers - they run a virtual monopoly - and I live in a large city). Apple has also been ruthless with Anti-PC marketing, which probably infuriates PC-philes. Their claims that Macs are "easier to use" and "crash less" are laughable and unfounded. In the end, Macs do at least take design into consideration when building boxes. They just plain LOOK cooler for the most part.
Do they look cooler? Give me a nice cuboid blue box with Advent Carved out the side and a big white monitor any day over a half sphere with a feeble stick and a piece of video cardboard. Its just nasty if you ask me. It doesn't feel like a computer; it feels like a creature who's life is so miserable that it needs to be put down.

I agree, Apple are the mutts nuts of the computer design world.

all the craze for coloured cases/modified cases/light upcases/sleek cases on normal PCs is a direct result of the eMac, the world first computer that you could put in a lounge and if wouldn't look out of place at all.

I'd hardly describe the macs montors as a piece of video cardboard... the 21" wide screen flat screen monitor truly is somehting you'd sacrifice live creatures to get, it clean crips desn't take up a lot of space(In fact hardly any) the picture is supurb, and to cap it all of it just looks damn great.

root said:
I agree, Apple are the mutts nuts of the computer design world.

all the craze for coloured cases/modified cases/light upcases/sleek cases on normal PCs is a direct result of the eMac, the world first computer that you could put in a lounge and if wouldn't look out of place at all.

I'd hardly describe the macs montors as a piece of video cardboard... the 21" wide screen flat screen monitor truly is somehting you'd sacrifice live creatures to get, it clean crips desn't take up a lot of space(In fact hardly any) the picture is supurb, and to cap it all of it just looks damn great.

That'd be the same with a 21inch TFT Monitor; if not superior quality even. I suppose its an aesthetics thing; I think its a monstrousity as many would; and most people think its nice or good or very nice. Depends on your style really.

hmm, a DELL 19" standard dimension monitor pales in comparrison, the footprint is much larger (despite there being less screen space, The picture and colour depth doesn't seem as good, and the one I saw looks a bit plasticy (it was 'midnight grey' and silver).

Hmm; I haven't seen a Big TFT in ages - I'll have to go around and look for a 21inch to test against a Mac 21inch. Then I shall see.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Its because none of us are of an insane disposition; nor do many of us have serious mental issues. :D

Who the devil told you that! :p You should probably call the hospital about that one.

That doesn't really answer my question.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom