Ever hear of Trillian??????

Celldamage

Solid State Member
My Mentor (he calls himself Dreamwalker) suggested this software called Trillian to me. It supports 5 of the most popular IM softwares, Yahoo messenger, AIM, MSN messenger, IRC, and ICQ all with one click of a button. That way you don't have to open all of them and tax your CPU and RAM. I have used it for awhile now and I love it. It lacks some options but overall is great. You can download the .74 free, but I would spend the extra cash and go pro. Anyone who uses more than one IM client should really check it out. Let me know what you think.

Yeah i use it, but it lacks some features that really annoy me..like I can't have proper profiles for AIM and I can't view other profiles (I mean like buddyprofile links or subprofile links) either. And almost all the time I can't use the direct connect. But still it's overall layout is good.

Its a useful piece of software, i use it the odd time and again but it doesnt support ANY of the new MSN 6.2 features,

and lets face it, display pictures and custom emotions = FUN!

lol

Celldamage said:
My Mentor (he calls himself Dreamwalker) suggested this software called Trillian to me. It supports 5 of the most popular IM softwares, Yahoo messenger, AIM, MSN messenger, IRC, and ICQ all with one click of a button. That way you don't have to open all of them and tax your CPU and RAM. I have used it for awhile now and I love it. It lacks some options but overall is great. You can download the .74 free, but I would spend the extra cash and go pro. Anyone who uses more than one IM client should really check it out. Let me know what you think.

I've never heard of it - but why use a 5 in 1 with a fifth of the features when you can still use only one but with ten times the features? And out of every 10 people who sign in on Trillian, more than 9 would be using MSN anyway.

i tried it ages ago when msn 6 just came out and it had no support for custom emoticons/ display pics etc. it was ok though and i liked the customisable skins. personaly, i now just use msn seeing as i like it best of all the im apps.

MSN is the best anyway. Why would Microsoft lend their good name to an product inferior to Yahoo or AOL? :D All you need to do is look at Yahoo Messenger or AOL Messenger and you'll see the difference between them and MSN Messenger.

Back
Top Bottom