Chatroom freeze

treasurehunter

Beta member
I am having a problem with aol chatroom, only one room! I have one screen name that freezes in one chatroom after about 2 minutes. All my other names can stay in the same chat without freezing, and the one name that freezes in THAT chatroom, doesn't freeze in any others. Is this some kind of prog? Aol can't help, and has given many suggestions, all WORTHLESS. I have reformated, in case I had a spy on my puter, but nothing has helped. ANY IDEAS??

it might be that chatroom does not allow multiple screennames from a single IP address. from your post I get the impresion that you have two chat clients running at the same time, in the same room, one freezes but the other doesn't

Root, I am only using one name at a time, and when I switch names to any other than my usual screen name, I can access the chatroom, and stay in it chatting with no freeze. When I use the usual name, I freeze after a minute or two in the chatroom.
SheharyaarSaahil- I did all you suggested, with no results, any more ideas anyone?

Back
Top Bottom