I botched outlook...

Sturge

Beta member
Hey there, I've just recently started using Opera instead of Internet Explorer. I don't use Microsoft Outlook, unfortunately, my parents do, and this is where the problem comes in, this happens when I try and recieve emails :

outlook_error.jpg

whats wrong with it? im not exactly a genius when it comes to software, so it's probably something quite simple. I don't think it's ISP related...

thanks for any help ^_^

Sturge said:
Hey there, I've just recently started using Opera instead of Internet Explorer. I don't use Microsoft Outlook, unfortunately, my parents do, and this is where the problem comes in, this happens when I try and recieve emails :

outlook_error.jpg

whats wrong with it? im not exactly a genius when it comes to software, so it's probably something quite simple. I don't think it's ISP related...

thanks for any help ^_^

note - all the server and ISP info is correct.

This is annoying me now :(

Opera is probably blocking Outlook for some reason; AOL does it too. I don't know why they do it; although I imagine AOL's reason is purely volunteery. As far as I know there is no way around this; either stop using Opera or stop using Outlook.

Yeah, but when I put all the correct information into the Opera mail system then it doesn't work either? :(

Yeah, thats weird that is doesn't work on there. Are you sure it is the right information? Are you sure your POP3 Server works? What company do you use for it?

I always tell people to stop using pop mail like outlook period!
It is the easiest way to get the very worst virus's there are.
Tell your folks to sign up for a free yahoo mail box and get all your email and attachments scanned for free with the best viral detectors there are. Just type http://yahoo.com and select mail right next to the logo.
Web based e-mail is the wave of the future. tell em Gary Graefen the computer tech and webmaster said so. My profession is Pc's and I have nine websites. If they don't believe you have them type my name into google.

GaryC said:
always tell people to stop using pop mail like outlook period!
It is the easiest way to get the very worst virus's there are.
Tell your folks to sign up for a free yahoo mail box and get all your email and attachments scanned for free with the best viral detectors there are. Just type http://yahoo.com and select mail right next to the logo.
Web based e-mail is the wave of the future. tell em Gary Graefen the computer tech and webmaster said so. My profession is Pc's and I have nine websites. If they don't believe you have them type my name into google.

Don't bring your personal paranoia into this discussion! I have used Outlook XP and more recently Outlook 2003 for Years and I have never recieved a Virus, Trojan, or Bug from it. I don't know what out of the way strange POP3 Host you use but @Bonbon.net and now my own @Playfordnet.com have never given me trouble.

Yahoo! My arse. Best Viral Detectors there are! My Arse. Yahoo! What are you on man! :D You're a funny thing aren't you? :p

Back
Top Bottom