Building a Gaming Computer

heh i will, but I'm afreaid you're gonna have to wait a while. I figured i need way more money, so I'm gonna save up. But all your help really did help me!

my system cost me around £400 alltogether after all the extras I added. Pretty good value overall as well: -

Athlon 2100XP
1GB PC2100 RAM
FX5200 128MB Graphics
CDRW 52x24x52
DVD ROM Drive
120GB HDD

Those are the main specs people go after anyway

I like those prices, but how much will overseas cost me?.. :confused: :confused: I'm from San Francisco so its kinda far.

I am not sure but many of the companies I got the parts from offer FREE DELVIERY over a certain amount or greatly VERY good delivery rates.

Use AMD Athlon 64, it is the best you can get for gaming, forget the clock speed, this one will get you the best performance, you can play the game, online, download music, burn a cd, and listen to music all at the same time and it will not affect you, it will never freeze or crash!

we at the datawhore networks have done some tests on AMD 64 CPUs, and it simply beats Intel!

Since it's a gaming computer, use Microsft Windows XP, even though I don't like it alot!

NVidia makes the best graphic cards!

get at least 512 mb or ram!

get a big harddrive (50 Gbs or more)

if you don't buy the OS, this project should cost you somewhere around $1000 USD.

First off, whatever you buy you should get from newegg.com - cheap, fast delivery, and great customer service. Also, what is your budget? A sensible gaming machine (ie fast but not a wallet buster) could have the following:
1)AMD Athlon 64 3200+ $282
2)Nforce3 250Gb mobo (or via k8t800 mobo) ~$130
3)A gig of pc3200 or higher ram ~$180
4)A 256Mb ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256 Mb ~$260

Total cost: $852

I recommended the radeon 9800 pro because it has performance close to the 9800 XT's but for $140 less. If you still cant afford this, go for a 9600 XT 256Mb for $160. If you have money to burn though, I'd go with an Nvidia Geforce 6800 or an ATI radeon X800 pro (about 450 bucks). If you feel more comfortable with an intel rig, go with a pentium 4 at least 3.0 GHz with 800 MHz bus ($200 and up) and an 875p or an 865P motherboard ($120 and $75 respectively). I DONT recommend an athlon FX or Pentium EE chip because they are damn expensive, and your money could be put to better use.
Also, you will need a new power supply. Dont skimp on this, so get an antec or other reputable brand name PSU of 400 watts or more (expect to pay 65 bucks for this). I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom