Building a Gaming Computer

rakedog

Fully Optimized
Ok, hence the title, I'm building a gaming computer. I'm already have some parts (CD Drive, Power Supply, Sound Card, Internet Card, and an old motherboard that i will replace later), but I need a good graphics card and CPU.

The games I'm gonna play are in the Unreal TOurnament 2004 league, so I need RAM, graphics, and good speed.

Do any of you have specific recommendations? I don't need it to be the BEST OF THE BEST, because my budget is limited :( . Any advise would be appreciated.

PS- I'm going to get the Cobra 822 Raidmax case :)

pentuim 4 Extreme Edtion , Gainward cool fx 2600 (water cooled) , 1024mb DDR Crossair Ram 4600 i believe .

graphics: MSI FX5700 (Should be pretty good, though i haven't used it yet. ~190.00 USD)

processor: up to you really...I'd just say make sure its a 2.x Ghz (nothing in the 1.x Ghz range)

RAM: Dual Kingston 256MB sticks. (dont' know price. Sorry.)

Also, you said you are going ot replace the mobo soon. Gigabyte makes a pretty darn good board for only $53.00 USD. You can check it out here.

Good luck :)
Itsme

dang....for only 53.00 that looks sweet. Thanks for the link!

I still need to know the price on some of those products you guys showed me... :confused: :confused: :confused:

no prob. and about the RAM proces, they vary from wherever you buy them. I've seen them as low as 27.00 (yes, really!), but as high as somewhere in the 80.00-100.00 USD rnage)

Itsme

Processor: Anything with Hyper-threading 3.06 for 533 FSB and anything with a 800 FSB is very good. Price $209 for the P4 3.06 533FSB (I just bought one 3 weeks ago for my 533FSB motherboard). $220 - 500 for a P4 800FSB and over $1100 for an Extreme Edition. You also need to the motherboard right away because it doesn't down shift to work on normal motherboards.

Graphic Card: I personally like ATI graphic cards. I would suggest that you get a 9800 or better. Price $220 for a 9800 Pro 128 there really isn't an advantage to getting a 256 version unless it is the same price. The 9800 XT is a killer card but the price is around $450.

RAM: Stick to the name brands and you can't go wrong.

The ram in my system I bought from best buy, 2x 512 MB PC 2700 DDR PNY Optima sticks at $336. $168.00 each with tax.
Best memory I've ever used, very low latency.Killed my wallet though...

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom