Help for a Newcomer

bluto said:
My Mom was born in Yorkshire,missed the Titanic and got the next boat to Canada.Love that YP.
Sorry but I have been very frustrated at other forums,perhaps the responce will be better here,although i just lost another case about Windows Update not being the sollution.Hot stuff might have been where i was heading.
:)

Wow! Thats quite an anecdote; start the conversation up well at a dinner party! :D

Windows Update isn't the solution; but its very good - where did you hear this?

bluto said:
My Mom was born in Yorkshire,missed the Titanic and got the next boat to Canada.Love that YP.
Sorry but I have been very frustrated at other forums,perhaps the responce will be better here,although i just lost another case about Windows Update not being the sollution.Hot stuff might have been where i was heading.
:)

You can't be all bad bluto, with that great Yorkshire bloodline and knowing good Yorkshire Mums, I'm sure she kept you on the straight and narrow. Strangulated apology accepted. Hope to talk to you again soon.

Incidentally my Daughter's partner is a Canadian, a great guy with a wicked sense of humour so i was aware there were some good ones around.

Hope all you guys have a lovely Bank Holiday - In the UK anyway :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Wow! Thats quite an anecdote; start the conversation up well at a dinner party! :D

Windows Update isn't the solution; but its very good - where did you hear this?
Try search Oh My Lord.
I wrote it.
:rolleyes:

Tiscali Broadband

I signed on for the £15.99 package and received the pack on March 16th. I am still not connected. I was briefly after 5 weeks trying but when I turned my computer off I lost it. I have spent a fortune phoning them and they have insisted they will get me on Broadband. I have had a new phone extention in just incase it was a fault. BT have been out 4 times and at the last visit they found a fault at the exchange which they were supposed to fix. They also said I was too far away from the exchange to receive Broadband and if I got connected it would only be temporary. Tiscali just wont give up. We are cross and want out of it. Any helpful suggestions please.

Re: Tiscali Broadband

harrisandhoyle said:
I signed on for the £15.99 package and received the pack on March 16th. I am still not connected. I was briefly after 5 weeks trying but when I turned my computer off I lost it. I have spent a fortune phoning them and they have insisted they will get me on Broadband. I have had a new phone extention in just incase it was a fault. BT have been out 4 times and at the last visit they found a fault at the exchange which they were supposed to fix. They also said I was too far away from the exchange to receive Broadband and if I got connected it would only be temporary. Tiscali just wont give up. We are cross and want out of it. Any helpful suggestions please.
---
It seems you are in GB where isp's suck.Why would you have to
Quote:
I have spent a fortune phoning them.
I have had a new phone extention
===========
Are you crazy,don't they have a toll free number.Start over and know what your getting into.
Best i can do as it wouldn't happen in Canada.
:eek:

Re: Tiscali Broadband

harrisandhoyle said:

Hi H&H,

Having had little response here may i suggest you pop along to Tiscali Forums and visit "Computer, Technology & Mobiles" section.

They are extremely helpful there. Before posting a question have a good look through previous threads, there's lots relating to Tiscali and their many broadband problems. It is quite a busy forum so you may have to delve quite a way back.

Good luck

Trisha

A couple of you replied to my post. Thanks. I am now sorted with Tiscali after 3 months. I thought I would tell you the faults so as they may be helpful to others. The first major problem was that although I have had 3 home visits and numerous line checks by BT they had failed to notice that at the Exchange I was linked to Broadband BUT the wrong one. It took a couple of hours for them to go through every connection to find out where I was and should be. The other fault was in my home. I had a new extention cable fitted to eliminate suggestions that this was my problem. Unfortunately the cable had one of it's many wires inside broken. This was one of the wires connected to the phone socket. Again it took a bit of finding. They just used a couple of different wires in the cable. I'M CONNECTED HOORAH

Back
Top Bottom