Confused hard drive (and Me)

seizure

Beta member
hard drive.Well where do i start i have just TRIED to install a 80gb slave drive and after i went through installing it onto my pc it is only showning me that it is an 31.48gb hard drive. i went through the Admin tools and the computer management to install the drive. it is working but i have lost 50gig.
i am using xp pro
amd 2.4xp
and i have just updated the bios as well

Really Really Really Really Really confused and need help plz

Well, Windows really likes doing that. When you get a drive over a certain size, it decides that it doesn't want to work that hard, so it'll pretend its not there ;). I personally haven't found a way to fix this when friends have had this problem, but hopefully others here would have more luck.
Good luck

Itsme

thank you anyway it is just windows xp again i will just wait and see if anyone knows thx

Seizure

seizure said:
hard drive.Well where do i start i have just TRIED to install a 80gb slave drive and after i went through installing it onto my pc it is only showning me that it is an 31.48gb hard drive. i went through the Admin tools and the computer management to install the drive. it is working but i have lost 50gig.
i am using xp pro
amd 2.4xp

Quote:
the Admin tools and the computer management
What the hell is this ?
Make it a secondary master on the other ide cable.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Really Really Really Really Really confused . me too.

Well i got it sorted anyway the pin setting on the back of the hard drive where all wrong it was on the 32gig pin setting instead of the slave setting :p but thanks for your help anyway

Seizure

seizure said:
i am using xp pro
amd 2.4xp

Its easy to blame Windows XP - but I happen to know for a fact that the knock off line of Hard Drives for Windows XP even pre-SP1 is 133Gb (learnt this from experience) so its not the OS thats doing it. What size does it say in the BIOs?

Are you sure that the drive is 80Gigs?

Back
Top Bottom