Connection Problem!

dollarz81

Beta member
I have a cable modem through road runner. Well, everything is connected and all lights on the modem are lit. Problem is that I am unable to connect online from like 9am to 7pm. I called road runner and they said it is showing i am connected. Its a weird problem. I have noticed that the "send" light is not on or blinking whenever I am unable to connect. Can anyone please HELP!!

dollarz81 said:
I have a cable modem through road runner. Well, everything is connected and all lights on the modem are lit. Problem is that I am unable to connect online from like 9am to 7pm. I called road runner and they said it is showing i am connected. Its a weird problem. I have noticed that the "send" light is not on or blinking whenever I am unable to connect. Can anyone please HELP!!

Communication Problem !
As I see it.
Are you going to let Roadrunner off the hook and ask us ?
Get on their case or stop paying.
:eek: :D

dollarz81 said:

Yeah, probably best to get on Road Runner's case about this. I have no idea why it would be doing it without a fault with the actual box or software. Don't think its one of those either - because its so well timed. Maybe they just don't want you on between those times?

Thanx for everyones advice. A friend of mine suggested that I might have either spyware or adware on my computer and it could be preventing this. So, I did a system restore and everything is working fine now. BTW, When I was not able to connect, I was able to get on cmd.exe and ping websites. I was getting a response from the websites on that.

dollarz81 said:
Thanx for everyones advice. A friend of mine suggested that I might have either spyware or adware on my computer and it could be preventing this. So, I did a system restore and everything is working fine now. BTW, When I was not able to connect, I was able to get on cmd.exe and ping websites. I was getting a response from the websites on that.
Oh - yeah - makes sense now! :D Lol; should have said that.

Glad to hear its working though; good luck!

Back
Top Bottom