Help for a Newcomer

If your looking for a really good computer go to these two sites:

www.cyberpowerinc.com
www.ibuypower.com

Check out there systems and see if you like them.

Also the only difference with the more expensive monitor is basically it will have faster reaction times and more pixels. It should probably go at least to 1200x900 and thats about all you need. Any more than that your never going to use. If you don't know what that means it means the amount of space on your screen available without having to screw up the clarity. Basically it looks like your zooming out and looking at more of your computer.

Also if you plan on opening up your Dell DO NOT get the warranty. It is void if you have opened the case. Yeah so most people get Dell because of their warranty offerings and most people actually void the warranty standards.

Also you might want to consider getting a local computer store to build you a computer or build it yourself. If you build it yourself you will probably save money and learn more about computers. If you get the local computer store to build it chances are you will probably get a better system than Dell for about the same amount.

PS:The cases on custom made computers look about 5000000000 times better than Dell cases(except XPS)

Hope this helps. :)

Also if your looking for a really cheap bad system try Emachines. They are terrible and are also quite cheap. Hope this helps again :)

bluto said:
Well ok but good luck when you have to ship it back.I just drive for 10 minutes when mine needs warranty help.That all i can add.Buy at home.
Dell will deliver and do home visits where i live.Where are you ?
:D ;)

Lol, that is a way of looking at it - but I don't intend to have to send it back. And Advent do come to your Home too - they've already replaced my DVD-Writer.

Hi everyone,

Been as you guys were so helpful,thought you would like to know,have now ordered my new computer: Settled in the end for a Dell Dimension 4600 with the following spec:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.80GHz with 533MHz fsb
MS Windows XP Home Edition + Works 7
512MB Duel Channel DDR333 (2X256MB DIMM)
40GB (7,200 rpm IDE Hard Drive
Dell 1504FP UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor
48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
Joystick - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Total price including VAT & delivery is £647

Is that a bargain or not???

Thanks again for all your help :D

Trisha

PS: Not prepared to pay £££££ for instillation and transfer. Will attempt the job myself. Grateful for any tips though and help if i get stuck :)

trisha999 said:
Hi everyone,

Been as you guys were so helpful,thought you would like to know,have now ordered my new computer: Settled in the end for a Dell Dimension 4600 with the following spec:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.80GHz with 533MHz fsb
MS Windows XP Home Edition + Works 7
512MB Duel Channel DDR333 (2X256MB DIMM)
40GB (7,200 rpm IDE Hard Drive
Dell 1504FP UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor
48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
Joystick - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Total price including VAT & delivery is £647

Is that a bargain or not???

Thanks again for all your help :D

Trisha

PS: Not prepared to pay £££££ for instillation and transfer. Will attempt the job myself. Grateful for any tips though and help if i get stuck :)
NO,
not the way your going.Did you get a MBD manual,a MBD cd,and an XP installation book,cd and disks?
See Ya.
I already gave you mine,with insulting replys,so have fun.

bluto said:
NO,
not the way your going.Did you get a MBD manual,a MBD cd,and an XP installation book,cd and disks?
See Ya.
I already gave you mine,with insulting replys,so have fun.

I find you a picky lot. I appear to have upset the somewhat cynical bluto from day one when i first popped my head into your forum and he welcomes me with, and i quote:
"That's what they all say till we give answers and then it's so long."

Since I've popped back frequently with updates he's still as grumpy as ever. No doubt with that sort of welcome to newcomers, they will never return! Fortunately i'm made of good, strong Yorkshire stock and not easily fazed and will be back if i haven't blotted my copybook.

Please remember i, along with no doubt many others visiting forums like these, with limited computer knowledge, hope to gain experience and perhaps one day be in a position to even advise others. Life is for living and a little humour and civility costs nothing.

Have a nice day :D

Trisha

trisha999 said:
I find you a picky lot. I appear to have upset the somewhat cynical bluto from day one when i first popped my head into your forum and he welcomes me with, and i quote:

Since I've popped back frequently with updates he's still as grumpy as ever. No doubt with that sort of welcome to newcomers, they will never return! Fortunately i'm made of good, strong Yorkshire stock and not easily fazed and will be back if i haven't blotted my copybook.

Please remember i, along with no doubt many others visiting forums like these, with limited computer knowledge, hope to gain experience and perhaps one day be in a position to even advise others. Life is for living and a little humour and civility costs nothing.

Trisha

Lol - I'm not picky. Bluto can be; but only on his monthly.

Well; I hope dispite certian unmentioned members here you have learnt something and think well of Computer Forums in the Future.

trisha999 said:

Trisha
My Mom was born in Yorkshire,missed the Titanic and got the next boat to Canada.Love that YP.
Sorry but I have been very frustrated at other forums,perhaps the responce will be better here,although i just lost another case about Windows Update not being the sollution.Hot stuff might have been where i was heading.
:)

Back
Top Bottom