Connecting Computers

heifsin85

Baseband Member
My friend has been working on this project for about 1 month or so. It is a site he is doing for a company. But he does not have internet, a cd burner, or a 31/2 floppy disk drive, pratically nothing. He has windows 95. Is there a way I could connect my laptop to his computer for him to tranfer the site to me? Or any other way to somehow tranfer it to me? We only have a day or two. Is there any way to do this without buying anything that costs alot , and not having to install new hardware inside the computer like netword adapter and stuff?

to be honest the best way is to use a network card and a crossover cable.
windows 95 networks very easy and you can use old network cards...

But i believe you can use a com cable but i dont know how you would go about setting that up.

i will do a bit of research and get back to you.

btw what version of windows are you running?

Windows 95 is very out dated there are no updates for it microsoft no longer support it.

I suggest you get a couple of network cards and a crossover cable cost you in the region of £25 but to be honest why is your freind even using a computer with 95 ?.

I have W95 but the only reason i use it is because i am into older computers and W95 and W3.11 are ideal for my old machines.

Back
Top Bottom