network help plz

Xbox1

Solid State Member
i have a pc with windows xp, a pc with windows 98, a playstation 2, and an xbox that i want to put on a network. i have Verizon online DSL. i need a wireless network because the pc with windows 98 is in a different room.

what is the best company(most dependable, etc.) to by these products from?

what do i buy(specifically)?

thanks

Personally, Belkin.

You'd have to buy the required length of CAT3 cabling to the Hub for each of the items. And a Hub with at least as many ports as you're going to put on - probably best to have a couple more just in case. Then the network cards if the Computers don't have them.

Then just install it as it says in the Hub Installation Manual.

could u tell me specifically wut i need like models and stuff that would b really helpful and also wut is the difference between a hub and a router
thanks a lot

Erm, well look on Amazon{/url] probably best that you look for the stuff to fit to your budget. However, for the Cable [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006464P/ref=sr_aps_electronics_1_1/026-0184606-4244406]that is all you need in the length you want - personally at that price 10m makes sense and it will do for you to find what you want.

For a Hub; here is the search and personally (because its what I use) I would buy this, although it may be a little expensive; I don't know - it is so much more expensive becuase it is a Broadband Router also; which means that you can put the internet on your Playstation and XBox

A Hub is a simple Network Junction Box. A Router; which will often only ever come built into a Hub is a Router for a DSL or ADSL Broadband Style Connection to the Internet.

I didn't realise you wanted a Wireless Network at first; personally I would not do it (its easy enough to drill through walls and plant cable in Plaster) its really up to you. For a wireless 4 Way Hub/ DSL Router though it will not be cheap. Hopefully someone else will come in with some knowledge about Wireless Networks; because I can't find anything for 4 Way.

Good luck eitherway though.

ok i went to belkin.com and did the network wizard thing and i am all set i am going to go buy it all sometime this week. thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom