OEM Video Cards

aussie_guy00000

Beta member
Hi guys, just looking for some advice. I've been offered a choice of two different Video cards to buy, both are the OEM version (just the card it's self, no accessories). The cards are ATI ALL IN WONDER RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB and SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB 8X AGP. Does anybody know what the difference is between an OEM card and a Retail card (apart from having no accessories)? and what sort of money would you guys pay for each of these cards?. I'd like the All in wonder for the added features, but the Sapphire would be cheaper. Any help or comments you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

no difference apart from as you said no extras.

usually they come in a plain box with limited instructions and the basic drivers.

i a have no idea about prices i think i paid £60 for my last one but im in the UK.

aussie_guy00000 said:
Hi guys, just looking for some advice. I've been offered a choice of two different Video cards to buy, both are the OEM version (just the card it's self, no accessories). The cards are ATI ALL IN WONDER RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB and SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB 8X AGP. Does anybody know what the difference is between an OEM card and a Retail card (apart from having no accessories)? and what sort of money would you guys pay for each of these cards?. I'd like the All in wonder for the added features, but the Sapphire would be cheaper. Any help or comments you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

That is the only difference; an OEM version doesn't have the extras and stuff like that that the Retail has - and is cheaper through that.

Personally, if you want an ATi, then I would get the All in Wonder - it is more futureproof and as far as I know better in most senses. Depends if you want to pay the extra - cause there isn't a serious difference anyway.

aussie_guy00000 said:
Sure if you don't want tv in.get the 9800 pro.If you need tv out and have s-vhs then check that out.

aussie_guy00000 said:
Sure if you don't want tv in.get the 9800 pro.SAPPHIRE
If you need tv out and have s-vhs then check that out.
SAPPHIRE for both.

Personally I don't know why you're not checking out the nVidia competition which is sturdy against ATi often beating it in extras and raw ability.

Back
Top Bottom