Lord Kalthorn is no Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be getting much faster internet speeds from my cable connection than with win xp. Dunno why. But its good.

Wow, thats a lot. What is your speed?

Wanadoo do 1Mbps now! Only £35! Should be booking it today and therefore signing up for ANOTHER year of Broadband. Yey!

Linux is probably a better OS than Windows but the only problem with Linux is the compatibility issue. If Linux had the monopoly over OS's like windows then companies would make stuff compatible to Linux, not Windows. But this will never happen, at least in my opinion. LINUX ALL THE WAY.

What the Hell? Don't bring your agenda here; post it where we're talking about it.

While on the subject, read up on it, Linux would not last a month under the stress Windows is under all the time every day of every month of every year for now close to 10 years of serious use.

Lord Kalthorn said:
1. Most people think Windows is unstable, unsecure and dreadful; but we have to think comparitivly. How many attacks on Windows Computers are there every minute? Every hour? Every day? Seriously tens of millions in a day at least. How many of those will get through? Not even a tenth of a percent will get through; probably more like a hundreth of a percent. To add to that; probably only a Millionth of those that try will cause a serious problem to a Windows Computer. Linux however, will have maybe 100 Hacks a Day, and although maybe only one person every 2 days will be successful; that is still 0.5% of Hacks getting through. And half of every hack that gets through will be dangerous. That is the same with Mac; Windows is therefore more Secure.

2. Stability; most people think that Windows is unstable - but again it is the economics of Mass. Windows works on, and lets not kid ourselves, Billions of Computers Worldwide. I would be happy to bet that there will be fewer that 100 computers which are the same hardware specification; but no one COmputer will have the same Hardware and Software Specification. I'm sure Linux has this problem - but the users of Linux will be very good with computers and will be more mindful of what they're doing. Whereas, Windows, will be pushed onto countless numbers of machines which can't handle it; and even if the machine can what the person is doing won't be handleable by the machine. Personally; I have never seen a blue screen on Windows and my Computers have never hung up due to a fault that is not my own.
Is it not suprising that with a vast incalculatable number of different specifications of Computers to run on that Windows runs at all? That is why Windows is the most Stable operating system - and will continue to become more stable every time it upgrades as the industry slows down and Windows doesn't have to keep up.

3. I don't even have to go into the Interface superiority of Windows; it is too obvious.

There - that was posted in the Favourite OS Thread were it should be; stop posting on here where it shouldn't be.

back on the subject of the thread lord k is soo a guru hes posted in everything and helped pratically every 1

Lol - I would bow if I weren't too overweight to get off my chair to which my arse has now molded itself. LOL! :D Nah; I'm really not fat at all.

Yep - there are only four of us left now; David, Rocker, you and myself who hold up the great tradition of Computer Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom