How do you connect your CPU to your Notebook?

Rabid Squirrel

Beta member
Before I begin im very unsure of most computer terms so forgive me for my ignorance

To begin I wanted to add an extra hard drive to my Notebook (presario x1000. My CPU is a presario 5320)

Unsure of what to do or what to connect it with I've just plugged it in and connected a CAT-5 cable to each end. These directions were given to me by a friend who assured me they've done this before, But now im slightly confused as it won't work. Any advice would be appreciated

Rabid Squirrel said:
I sound stupid but, Where do I go to check that?
Sorry my dear but i think you need to pay for this help till you've been around a little longer.Go or phone a Computer Store in your area.
It's free to ask them.Bring the PC with you and get an estimate.
:D

Jack the ripper said:
did you ckeck the bios settings for the correct boot settings
If thats the best you can do forget it.This member is as green as grass and doesn't have a clue about bios.
First you connect a cpu then you get to that.
:eek:

im so sick of this every time you answer a post you are so bloody negative.......if you carry on there will be nobody posting on here.

i dont know why the administrator doesnt ban you your an ignorant waste of space with no patience :mad:

Compaq said:
im so sick of this every time you answer a post you are so bloody negative.......if you carry on there will be nobody posting on here.

i dont know why the administrator doesnt ban you your an ignorant waste of space with no patience :mad:
Quote:
Sorry my dear but i think you need to pay for this help.
If that was meant for me then what positives have you added ?
This isn't negative,
If thats the best you can do forget it.This member is as green as grass and doesn't have a clue about bios.
Adding a harddrive doesn't need any fooling around with the bios.
Please stop seeing this as a "quick fix" for any problem.
:mad:

NEVER mentioned the bios you bloody fool.....

only post i made was at you being so bloody negative.......yes some users are as green as grass thats why they come here. Do you call them names because you just dont have an answer is that it?

seems to me your computer knowledge is exactly nil.

Aside from the unwanted help. Here is what you need and need to know. It's not all of the details but it should help in getting you that correct terminology.

You will need a physical way to connect the two computers. There are a number of ways to do this.
1. CAT5 cables and a hub.
2. CAT5 cross-over cable.
3. Wireless on the same standard.
4. And the easiest way if you actually have to buy this stuff is the cross-over USB cable.

Next you will need to setup a workgroup on both of the computers. This must be the same for easiest use, also the computer names cannot be the same.

Then you need to open sharing on a folder or a disk drive on at least one of the computers.

Network neighborhood will show you if you can see the shared computer.

Then it works just like a drive on your computer. Use explorer to copy and paste to the shared directory.

When you are done, close the shared drive because this is how hackers get to your computer when you are on the internet.

This should get you started…come back when you have more specific questions.

Back
Top Bottom