Linux Q's

johnsonb125

Baseband Member
I am running Windows XP and like it alright but recently used a friends Mac running OSX and found that I liked it a lot. I know that Linux is similar to OSX and would like to try Linux. But if I install Linux on my comp will it erase all my files and stuff on my computer. And then if I decide Linux isn't for me can I reinstall XP with no problems. Also what Linux Core would you recomnend for a Noob? I was looking at screenshots from Mandrake and thought it looked cool. Any ideas?

back up all your files on disk try linux if not go bk to windows
i prefer windows but thts because ive grown up wid it and its pretty gd

I much prefer Windows anyway; but thats because I love it and maybe I'm tainted because of that.

However, good advise if you can back the stuff up.

How do I back all my files on disc if I don't have a cd burner. I have an iPod but that would take forever plus its not big enough. Any suggestions?

yes, a C-burner wouild be best, and they are quite cheap, If you wanted to try a linux system Suse do a live evaluation C, yuo can download the disc image from their website, record the CD then bot off of it anduse linux, the best part is it wont touch your files, the worst part, you need a CD burner!

You'll find that f you choose to buy a boxed linux version you'll probably spend more on tht than you would on a CD burner, and you can download most linux distro disc images for free.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah, CD-Burners are totally easy and cheap nowadays. And worth every penny.
CDs are the future u got to buy a burner. im lookin for the best deal to get a dvd burner

Back
Top Bottom