Virus Application...Please Help!!!!

Basheer

Beta member
Hi there,
I wondered if someone can help me urgently?? I downloaded some poker games last night on Kazaa and one of them was an application file (1mb). I tried to launch it but nothing happened....
....realising that something was up with it i tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me. Eventually i decided to move it out of my shared folder onto my desktop to try and delete it from there but it wouldn't let me. It wasn't until i tried to shut down my computer that i realised there was a problem. It won't let me shut down the computer, and when i reset it and reboot my computer it automatically brings up the internet connection window (which i will not open just yet...well until i know what the fudge is going on!!).
So, being unable to delete it, or to shut down my computer, or be able to access the internet, is causing me major concern. Does anyone know what this is, or how i can get rid of it??? I have looked around the web to see if anyone else has had this prob but to no avail. Also, without being on my own system i cannot get Systemantic to look at the problem (i run Norton AV 2003).
Aaaaaggh!
I would be really grateful if someone could help. I will check this forum for responses but you can also contact me at hamiltonrhode@tiscali.co.uk.
Thanks! :confused:

first i think that the program that you ran was in fact a virus or spyware that runs in the background of your computer, the reason that you cannot delete the file is because the program may be runing in the background of your computer

if this is the problem

restart your computer
no matter what OS you have you can keep you finger on the F8 key to bring up advance settings press safe mode

this runs all the basic files for your computer to start up now do a adaware scan on it do a AV scan on it

hope this helps

JTR

hey jack the ripper, please respond to the hacking windows xp/admin topic i need a question answered.

Back
Top Bottom