Extremely vital HELP needed!

deepthroat

In Runtime
Yesterday I was making changes to my bios, The only change I made was the CPU's FSB which is meant to be 266 considering I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz w/266 MHz FSB. The bios had the FSB all the way down to 133MHz FSB so I changed it to 266, saved the changes, and exited.Upon exiting my bios I noticed there was no startup screen, so I waited a while, then restarted using the reset button on the front of my tower.Now my bios won't even load up, let alone windows xp.Do you think I fried my processor, or is there some other unforseen problem!

All help is greatly appreciated!

If it helps, I noticed my optical mouse and keyboard don't light up.

If it is my processor, and I buy a new one, how will I reset the bios defaults back to normal so this does not happen again?

deepthroat said:
Yesterday I was making changes to my bios, The only change I made was the CPU's FSB which is meant to be 266 considering I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz w/266 MHz FSB. The bios had the FSB all the way down to 133MHz FSB so I changed it to 266, saved the changes, and exited.Upon exiting my bios I noticed there was no startup screen, so I waited a while, then restarted using the reset button on the front of my tower.Now my bios won't even load up, let alone windows xp.Do you think I fried my processor, or is there some other unforseen problem!

All help is greatly appreciated!

If it helps, I noticed my optical mouse and keyboard don't light up.

If it is my processor, and I buy a new one, how will I reset the bios defaults back to normal so this does not happen again?
=========
Yes get an expert to fix it and stop fooling with it.Then it won't happen again.
Just use it,if it ain't broke stay out of the bios.
It's absurd how many newbies think this is a quick sollution.
Sorry it ain't.
:D
By the way nice to see you got here,so you must have something working right,do the same there.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom