Tv and s-video support

olimorgan

Beta member
Does anyone know any decent, reasonably sized but not too expensive Tvs that support s video so I can watch DVDs on my TV from by PC? However do I need s-video support or would any old scart socket do only I had a TV with just a scart socket and it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated?

olimorgan said:
Does anyone know any decent, reasonably sized but not too expensive Tvs that support s video so I can watch DVDs on my TV from by PC? However do I need s-video support or would any old scart socket do only I had a TV with just a scart socket and it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated?
It's easy with any tv,but what is called a monitor receiver is best.
They have as many as 3 rca or 1 s-vhs input.Look at yours or in the book.If you have none,your long overdue for a new monitor/receiver.
Have you taped to vcr ?
More then,unless your in Europe.
:D

i do live in europe, i def need a new one coz my ones starting to get lines but I don't wanna buy a new tv only to find i cant watch my DVDs on it

olimorgan said:
i do live in europe, i def need a new one coz my ones starting to get lines but I don't wanna buy a new tv only to find i cant watch my DVDs on it

Heres the 2 main points no matter where you live.
1.You need a video card with TV out.
2.You need a TV with video in.(this can be a vcr dvd or a PC etc.
2a.It's really more than a TV.Ask you dealer.
You have a different name for the plugs there,here it's s-vhs (best)a little round plug.or
RCA inputs (male input with a shield)
:D

there are two types of skart socket- 9 pin and 24 pin, 24 pin gives the most options like rgb skart and s video options.

olimorgan said:
Yes mine (NEC 2000) $200 CDN,has 4 video inputs,1 S-vhs.
Shipping extra.
send email.via PM.
:p

Back
Top Bottom