Can I hook up 2 moniter cards??

windows 98 came with that option built in i know this and i have done some reading since and all versions of windows 98se onwards have dual monitor support.

do as was suggested add a card to your agp slot.

im in the process of completing my MCSE course my reference is the A+ certification exam guide.

Compaq said:
windows 98 came with that option built in i know this and i have done some reading since and all versions of windows 98se onwards have dual monitor support.

do as was suggested add a card to your agp slot.

im in the process of completing my MCSE course my reference is the A+ certification exam guide.
=======
Of course it can be done,but with 1 video card as i see it.I have never heard of useing 2 and i didn't get past grade 8.
:D
2 AGP slots i have never heard of. are you sure.
You are experimenting,why not do it on Campus.
:mad:

Yeah just try it. And see what happens. I trying to rember if there is any software out there which lets you do this.

You need at least one card that is capable of supporting dual monitors because the resources normally taken by a single video card need to be shared across two; one card needs to share its resources with the other card. This card needs to be the master card, the card that initializes first during the boot-up process.

How do you determine which card is the master? If you're using two PCI video cards, the one nearest the CPU will boot first. If you're using one AGP and one PCI, the PCI will always boot first. In your BIOS settings you might be able to manually determine whether an AGP or PCI video card is the master. You'll have to poke around in your BIOS to find out. If you don't know anything about a PC's BIOS, then grab a friend who does and see if they can help you out.

Back
Top Bottom