why is my comp so Sloooooow noww!!

iarefilter

Beta member
i think this is the right place to post this question if not pls let me know!!!!

what is physical memory is it the memory needed to open things on your computer? does it envolve RAM. i have recently notice that my computer (laptop with WinXP - Pro, RAM-512, 2 GHz, 40 Gig HD) is running very slow (such as loading programs and doing multi task) my comp is like a 28k modem now loading files is taking forever, much slower than a month ago. i look into the system information and i find that i have a total of 768MB of physical memory. and i only have 206.32 available physical memory. is this is problem of why my laptop is so slow? if not then what is making my comp so slow? pls help me i dont want to reformat my comp to get the speed of what i use to get, because before that is what i do to get the fast speed back since i found this forum to be very helpful i just want to give it a shot.

if you guys can help me with this i am glady appreciated and helping me knowing what to do when this problems comes up again.

Sounds like you have LOTS of adware and may even a virus on your computer.

Look for threads that tells you how to do deal with these pesky things.

I just posted a similar response on another thread. Here are some things you can do to speed up your computer:

-- Delete all temp files (c:\windows\temp\*.tmp)

-- Delete temporary internet files (c:\windows\temporary internet files\*.*)

-- If you use I.E., click on Tools, Internet Options, Delete Files, select "delete all off-line content", click OK

-- Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, Systems Tools, Disk Cleanup

-- Download AdAware, check for updates, run it and remove whatever it finds

-- Download Diskeeper and defrag

Hedda Lora

Physical Memory is RAM and your Page File size; most of the time Windows decides the size of that.

But as everybody said - it sounds to me like you have some spyware on your Laptop. Try AdAware and also Defragging is a good idea. You can do it in windows or just download that program HeddaLora recommended if you want.

if all that fails go to pcworld.com and search for TweakXP, you can speed up your computer by deleting unused files and cleaning up your registry.

~RAM

iarefilter said:
i think this is the right place to post this question if not pls let me know!!!!

what is physical memory is it the memory needed to open things on your computer? does it envolve RAM. i have recently notice that my computer (laptop with WinXP - Pro, RAM-512, 2 GHz, 40 Gig HD) is running very slow (such as loading programs and doing multi task) my comp is like a 28k modem now loading files is taking forever, much slower than a month ago. i look into the system information and i find that i have a total of 768MB of physical memory. and i only have 206.32 available physical memory. is this is problem of why my laptop is so slow? if not then what is making my comp so slow? pls help me i dont want to reformat my comp to get the speed of what i use to get, because before that is what i do to get the fast speed back since i found this forum to be very helpful i just want to give it a shot.

if you guys can help me with this i am glady appreciated and helping me knowing what to do when this problems comes up again.
Best i can do sorry but,
Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails
:rolleyes:

Try deleting your cookies and getting spybot to take away all your viruses that norton cant get rid of. Or if your not afraid to lose some stuff reinstall windows

Back
Top Bottom