No more floppy drives!

some of us collectors need our floppys lol the old machines like 486 and before will not boot from cd

wasnt in there bios cd was an optional extra.

makes you think :)

o no not anothere reg member. AAAAAAAAAA LK beat him up now. then slowly alow him into the group ok

What? I'm lost now? What the devil is a Reg Member?

It does; goodbye Floppy Disk *Holds hand to Heart* - no longer will you amuse simple folk with your insinuative name - nor will you annoy us when you make that silly clicking sound and we realise we have not switched off your write-protection.

I think that floppy disks should stay, maybe have less of them around, but they are still good when you only want to copy or move some small files... plus, they're much cheaper that CD's.

matt be me said:
yeh but CD's are bigger

But put yourself in this position :

You have a CD - ROM, no Floppy Drive.

Your CD - ROM packs up and kills itself. You want to change the OS on your comp to something like ... Linux :)D). What do you do? You're helpless, unless you spend another £20 on a new CD - ROM.

OR

You have a Floppy Drive, and you can use Floppies to Install Linux. Problem solved.

-------------------------------------------

Ok, the situation I created is crap, but the point stays the same. Floppy Disks and Floppy Drives are still a good back up if something goes wrong with your CD - ROM. Plus, with some of the Data burning programs around, some git decided it would be fun to make CD's un rewritable if using their program once something has already been put on it:

---------------------------------------------

You want to put a picture on another comp that isn't connected to the net. Solution? Shove it on a CD and load it up from there. No, wait, you use of those Spawn of Satan data burning programs. Wahey! You've just wasted a 700MB CD by putting a 50kb picture on it. Why not just use a floppy? ;)

---------------------------------------------

I'm rambling, but you get my point.

Back
Top Bottom