havem memory need the rest...plz help

cato

Beta member
have memory need the rest...plz help

i have pc-100 memory from an old computer and i want to make a spare computer for my roomate. so my question is what socket motherboard is the fastest i can use with pc-100? and what cpu goes with that?

Your choices are pretty good.

-PIII mostly uses PC-133 and PC-100 motherboards.
-PIII Xeon has plenty of PC-100 motherboards but most use PCI graphic cards which isn't bad because there are some kick ass PCI cards.
-PII and PI are old but there are plenty of stuff out there.
-I am not sure of the AMD stuff but I know anything K7 and under uses PC-100.

My server is a Dual PIII 1GHz using 1.0 gig of PC133 memory.

Re: have memory need the rest...plz help

cato said:
i have pc-100 memory from an old computer and i want to make a spare computer for my roomate. so my question is what socket motherboard is the fastest i can use with pc-100? and what cpu goes with that?
Do you have computer ads where you are ?
You can buy a P1 2 or 3 for peanuts.If it's low on memory you should be able to add or improve with yours.The higher the cpu the faster the PC.
At least thats what they want you to beleive.
See post on 4.5 cpu ? problem.?
:eek:

Try this. When the installation asks you to insert the Service Pack CD 1 in, put the first Media Center CD back into the drive. The Service Pack files will be on there and the installation should complete. If you cancel the dialog when it asks for the Service Pack CD, the installation will seem to complete without problems, but not everything will be installed and initialized properly (such as Internet Explorer). The CD rotation that Microsoft implemented is a little confusing.

jpasher said:
Try this. When the installation asks you to insert the Service Pack CD 1 in, put the first Media Center CD back into the drive. The Service Pack files will be on there and the installation should complete. If you cancel the dialog when it asks for the Service Pack CD, the installation will seem to complete without problems, but not everything will be installed and initialized properly (such as Internet Explorer). The CD rotation that Microsoft implemented is a little confusing.

seriously, what on earth have u been smoking?

The date this thread was made: May 17th, 2004, 07:50 PM

And how does ur post even relate to the question, not that it would matter if it does since that person who made this thread has left this forum over an year ago and probably has got an answer since then.

Back
Top Bottom