new computer, games skip/lag, need help

pred1

Beta member
i just bought a new computer: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, Kingston 512 ddr400 ram, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, SB Audigy x-Gamer, maxtor 80gig 7200 rpm HD, and so on...

well everything was fine until i started installing games to see how sweet this computer really is. I started out with Catalyst 4.5 drivers. I tried Call of Duty, Counterstrike, Sof2, each with the same problem. The games were telling me i had 100 fps (or whatever i had max fps on), and it stayed steady. Yet, i skip every 2-3 seconds i'd say, almost often enough that you could say it just skips the whole time. It's really annoying, and pretty much unplayable if you ask me. I mean some of the skips are so bad that i'll be running around a corner/wall on a map, and it will skip right before i get there, and i'll end up on the other side! its like WTF.

I've tried everything i can think of:

different drivers (Omega 4.3's, and yes i used Driver Cleaner).

figured maybe my sound card was the problem, so i tried it with the onboard Nvidia SoundStorm, same problem.

We messed with the RAM quite a bit, tried some old stuff, but same problem.

The crazy thing is, i could have the game settings on VERY high or very low, it'd be the same.

I went into my bios and disabled AGP 8X support, so its on 4x now, it seemed to have helped out quite a bit, but the lag still exists.

i've heard around that it may be OpenGL drivers, but i tried the games in D3D and same problem, so.....

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Even if it make you look bad ?

Catalyst 4.5 drivers.
Mistake i think,nothing to do with gameing.
different drivers (Omega 4.3's, and yes i used Driver Cleaner).
oops,Why ?
We messed with the RAM quite a bit, tried some old stuff, but same problem.
oops Why ?
I went into my bios
oops Why ?
-------------------------------------------
By the way i;m doing fine without the above,
Radion Pro 9000
SB Audigy2.

Only the beta 4.5 drivers are any good at the moment. Its sounds graphics to me but it is a sweet card so i can't see there being a problem . Just try another graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom