new MB&CPU problem

badkitty

In Runtime
new MB&CPU not powering up??

ok i just bought a PC Chips M950 with a P4 2.4ghz ....i replaced my athlong 1.5ghz with it...i hooked up everything..power supply is P4 ready...yet it wont even power on. All connectionsd are snug but cant figure it out.I plugged in the 2 power connector (long one and the 4 prong one) but there is one left that i have no idea where it goes.Its thin with 6 slots.I've tried a new a/c plug,a new power supply,a different wall outlet and surge protector still nothing.

Start basic and work your way up.

1. Did you switch the switch on back of the power supply?
2. Did you hook up the power switch correctly to the motherboard?
3. Did you hook up the 4 wire connector to the motherboard?
4. Make sure the reset is plugged into the correct pins. You can even remove it to make sure it powers up.
5. Make sure the CPU fan is hooked up to the proper fan power.

Other things that include RAM, Video Card, Keyboard, etc. are after there is power to the motherboard. So those are not your problem, unless you actually meant that you can't boot up.

ok..i just left the power switch cable plugged in and removed reset..hd led and spp led.I flipped power switch on PS.The main power plug and the 4 wire plug are snug. The cpu fan is plugged in..i also unplugged it to make sure.I still get no power. arrrrgg

OK...then I will actually use one of Lords sayings...Return it and get a new one. These is a problem with this motherboard. You should get at least a beep out of it or post.

Two final things.

1. Sounds dumb, but is the power cord plugged into the wall or a power strip that is turned on?
2. Is the motherboard in the case? If it is then did you make sure that no loose screws or metal shavings are on the bottom of the board. Also you want to remove any motherboard stands that do not fall directly on an opening on the motherboard. If the motherboard is outside of the case then make sure you set it on something that is not metal. Use a rubber static free mat.

Make sure you ground yourself before during and after install electronic components. This will help against shorting.

the motherboard is in the case..its screwed into all the mounting posts.I plugged a/c cord into wall...and into power strip.All with failures.I'll take the MB back and get me another one.arrrggg...more crap.thanks for help

i just did one more test..i hooked up my old mb&cpu it works just fine...it figures id get the bad one.At least i bought it from a store..an not online.

Badkitty said:
i just did one more test..i hooked up my old mb&cpu it works just fine...it figures id get the bad one.At least i bought it from a store..an not online.
Now where getting somewhere,Online buying sucks,can you imagine packing this up and sending by prepaid courier to Singapore.
:mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :D
It might be best if you buy a preasemblied PC Chips M950 with a P4 2.4ghz in a new 350 atx case.
:)

i usually buy online..cause its cheaper...i just got a better deal on a sale this time. I figured out the problem tho..sort of.I returned MB to fry's...and the guy told me that some manufacturers are settings the bios jumper to clear...so you start with a clean bios.Thats why i wasnt getting it to power on.arggg something stupid.I had not heard of that before are they doing that now?

Back
Top Bottom