windows xp

oOo sam lee oOo

Solid State Member
my dad and i were building a computer, and so we went to frys to get the parts. we had to buy an OS(obviously) but my dad said he has a copy of xp at home....i said no no no we shouldnt do that, and he said yes its ok...after arguing a few minutes, we just got it....wat would happen if we did install the copy and MS somehow found out?

Is it register in your name. and on one of your old computers cause if so . I think you could tell them ain't sure though. If i am wrong you might have to pay a fine.

Microsoft would do nothing much - because if it worked they wouldn't know and if it doesn't they wouldn't care. Problem is it will wait for you to register it for a month and; however much Iamroot says it won't it will switch itself off and not work. Won't ruin the computer but you'll have lost a months worth of programs and saves - not files though.

It isn't "luck". Many ppl have done so. Microsoft will actually let u do so but with a price. Once u reinstall ur OS, u can't activate automatically anymore. You have to call them up. So there.

Back
Top Bottom