begin to hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Master
I have created this *hopefully* helpful *tutorial* that will guide n00bs in their quest for hacker dominance. I'm gonna point you in the direction of some great resources that will help you get your feet wet using the art of hacking.

Now you might be thinking that you wanna be one of those cool people on the news that writes viruses and cracks into computer systems illegaly. Well, if this is your mentality, then you can leave right now as your views are not appreciated by hackers. The truth is, real hackers don't go distributing viruses or go attacking corporate networks. These stupid stunts are done by a multitude of characters that have multiple names such as : script kiddies, crackers, and virus distributors. If you are one of these or perhaps plan on being one, then I recommend that you change your ways and start helping out within the hacker community.

Anyway (sorry, just had to get that point across)...as I said earlier, there is no way of doing *step by step hacking* as this is not what hacking is like. There is no set combination of commands that will give you instant access to all the *secure* documents that you've just been waiting to get your hands on. Instead, you will have to start learning basic techniques and you will surely progress to be a better hacker. REMEMBER: There is no way of becoming a hacker in a day, week, month...you must learn a lot before you will be one of those uber-hackers adored by all. Don't worry though, you will be able to hack quite soon using the basic techniques that you will acquire over the next few hours/days/months (depends on how fast you learn/read)

Here are a few links that will get you started:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

This is one of the first documents you should read as it outlines what you have to do to become a hacker. Although no technical details are given, this is a must read for anyone looking to become involved with the hacking community.

http://www.secinf.net/harmless_hacking_book/

This is a link to the famous "Happy Hacker" series written by Carol Meinel. Definitely check this out if your a newbie as it's a great stepping stone to anything. Make sure to reseach anything you don't understand cause that extra work will pay off later on.

http://www.techtv.com/cybercrime/features/story/0,23008,2133814,00.html

Yet another simple tutorial written by Ira Winkler hosted on TechTV's website. Check this one out as it will outline what it takes to become a good hacker.

To tell you the truth, there are probably thousands of tutorials out there that are geared towards "Hacking 101." I just provided these as a stepping stone as they are well known to many.

Besides reading all these newbie tutorials, you should definitely join some forums that will help on your way. If you always keep to the n00b tutorials, then your knowledge will never increase and you'll give up quite quickly. Here are some links to forums:

www.hackers.com

The largest BBS on the planet (or so they claim) and almost the most formidable hacking forum around. This is THE choice for every hacker as it features different areas for each level of ability.

www.securityforums.com

A great website I must say...it focuses on the *white-hat* side of things...a must for anyone interested in hacking.

www.elitelinux.com

The most formidable linux forum around. Although you probably won't start here soon, keep this one bookmarked as it'll a huge resource later on.

www.coderforums.com

To be a hacker, you'll need to learn how to progam. This is a great forum for those new to programming and I recommend you check it out as soon as your ready to start programming.

http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com/forums.html

Another great link for all sorts of programming goodness. Keep this one close at hand!

(As you can see, this is a very small list that is merely meant to get you started. If you have any questions, plz feel free to e-mail me with "Newbie Hacker Question" as the subject line so I don't delete it as spam. Wait for another few days or so as I will be posting a follow-up that will contain a bunch more links that will get you on your way)

I hope this post will keep many people from asking questions like "How do you hack?" or something like that. All of the links listed here contain massive amounts of information that you could spend forever studying and they will be worthwhile for your personal databases.

Just remember, hacking is fun and it should never be otherwise. Just remember to stay within the rules and you'll have the time of your life.

HAPPY HACKING!
:)

all n00bs need to understand tht you cant learn to "hack" in 10min it takes weeks even months to become as gd as the people in these forums but under no circumstances learn this so you can f*** up some1s pc. if your 1 of those people dont go to other forums they would love to kill u here there pritty nice towards your kind.

tell me what you think about this intro how could i improve it so on thanxs

Excuse me ... but why do I get the feeling you didn't originally write this?

The opening post is perfect ... spelling, grammar, everything. Now look at other posts made by "matt be me" ... I guarantee you will see some sort of spelling mistake or grammar error in nearly all of them.

I may be wrong ... and I sincerely apologize if I am ... but I honestly don't think you wrote that.

- Rocker -

i didnt write the origanal i just added to it an put some more links, info in
my spellin is rubish because i rush it if i sat down and took my time then its better
also i was goin to add this forum to it if thts ok

The difference between Mod and Guru is that Moderators; like Rocker have power in the Forum and can control things like editting posts. I however, just got the Rank Guru from Posting and spending great deals of time on here.

Yeah! He's got a point about that! But its still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom