Just upgraded my PC

Wof

Beta member
This is my first thread on this forum so excuse any mistakes, i have just replaced the motherboard and processor and ram on my PC.

I did have a XP1800 chip, jetway 868as board and 640 meg ddr
I now have XP3200 chip, Asrock K7S8XE+ board and 512 meg 400mhz ddr ram.
The problem is it seems a lot slower opening programmes and doing other stuff, the multiplier was not touched on the MB as the instructions said not to,during the POST test it shows 200 x 11.5.

Any ideas please

Regards Mark

Wof said:
This is my first thread on this forum so excuse any mistakes, i have just replaced the motherboard and processor and ram on my PC.

I did have a XP1800 chip, jetway 868as board and 640 meg ddr
I now have XP3200 chip, Asrock K7S8XE+ board and 512 meg 400mhz ddr ram.
The problem is it seems a lot slower opening programmes and doing other stuff, the multiplier was not touched on the MB as the instructions said not to,during the POST test it shows 200 x 11.5.

Any ideas please

Regards Mark

I didn't know they did an XP3200?

I don't know what to say on that one? It should be hugely faster.

Yeah, even DDR400 is not the sort of RAM I would put in with an XP3200 - DDR1200+

It could be RD RAM - my old computer had that - nice stuff. That woudln't work unless you had fakes in (chips of RAM with no RAM to fill in the gaps) you also have to double it up.

RD was S**T fast stuff had 640mb of it 3 years ago and it absolutly thasted my mates computers which where SD. Are you sure that the ram is compatible with the motherboard some boards only support one or two speeds.

Back
Top Bottom