Activation problem " a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the lic

jameswalker

Solid State Member
Activation problem

When I start windows and click on my username ... it says "This copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on" and I dunno what to do ... when i click yes it says "The problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer" "Error code:0x800040005"

JamesStalker=D

Re: Activation problem

jameswalker said:
When I start windows and click on my username ... it says "This copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on" and I dunno what to do ... when i click yes it says "The problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer" "Error code:0x800040005"
JamesStalker=D

Well since i can't keep this private.
It seems you might have a crack version of Win XP.
Lets go from there,or call the place where you bought it.
:D

Yeah, sounds like it, how long has it been working?

You should contact the place you got it from then Microsoft if they do nothing.

you can get a crack for this prob from the web. just search for xp activation cracks, down load the file and follow any instructions for where to put it.

Drop down the $99 +tax at your local Target, Circuit City or computer retailor and get yourself a real copy of Windows XP Upgrade version. You only need to provide the CD of Windows 98, ME, 2000 version on the install. You should have one of these hanging around.

Yeah - easy enough. Or you could just go and try and sort out these people who sold it to you. Either through them or Microsoft.

my own version of xp was a carboot purchase for £5 and it works ok, although you can't get support or anything like that. that would be taking liberties i supose.

I had a smiliar problem. It was because I had already registered my version and it said:
a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer

Back
Top Bottom