Help me Out

cheerios

Banned
Everytime my friend boots up his computer, there would be an error message on the desktop and his internet cannot connect up.

The error message:

"the shortcut keenvalue.ink refers to a location that is unavailable. the location could be on a harddrive on this computer, on the network or not a different computer on your home network. check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet or home network and then try again."

pretty long but thats what it says.

I hope that you can help my friend out and give me some experience too! thanks in advance. :D

i really appreciate it

.Ink is a Shortcut; is there anything called that in the Startup Folder? Sounds like it is trying to find this file and it can't.

You know what, it sounds like spyware/adware to me. If he can't connect to the internet, he'll have to download the file from another computer, burn it onto a CR-ROM and then get it over onto his computer: AdAware

He should install it, then run it. Normally I would say "check for updates" but if he can't connect to the internet yet, he won't be able to.

If that doesn't pan out (because he's unable to check for updates first), then maybe he should search his computer for any files named "keenvalue.*" and get rid of them. Then see if he can connect to the internet. If still having problems, then look here:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=keenvalue&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=

Plenty of web pages come up on the above search about this parasite, and you will probably find instructions on how to get rid of it there.

Hedda Lora

Cheerios said:
Everytime my friend boots up his computer, there would be an error message on the desktop and his internet cannot connect up.

The error message:

"the shortcut keenvalue.ink refers to a location that is unavailable. the location could be on a harddrive on this computer, on the network or not a different computer on your home network. check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet or home network and then try again."

pretty long but thats what it says.

I hope that you can help my friend out and give me some experience too! thanks in advance. :D

i really appreciate it
Is the PC usable after this ? can you open IExplorer ?
Other thoughts:Remove this task from task manager or from the
Progarms/Startup folder.It's just some kind of starup option you don't need and forgot how to say NO.

Is he one a home network because if there is a file which is shared and it is important for the computer to run it could be that the other computer ain't turned on.

I want to reiterate that this "keenvalue" thing is a known parasite and it needs to be removed from the computer. Nothing else is going to fix it. Click on the link I posted above (the Yahoo search for "keenvalue") and there are plenty of articles about it -- I'm sure that several of them contain removal instructions.

Hedda Lora

HeddaLora said:
I want to reiterate that this "keenvalue" thing is a known parasite and it needs to be removed from the computer. Nothing else is going to fix it. Click on the link I posted above (the Yahoo search for "keenvalue") and there are plenty of articles about it -- I'm sure that several of them contain removal instructions.

Hedda Lora
I helped my daughter solve a similar problem that tagged along with some free download !
If he doesn't have Nortons etc than send him here.It's the latest def's.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
:D

Back
Top Bottom