Memory!

Pyro-X

Beta member
Hello,

Pardon my ignorance but I just built a new computer yesterday, Everything was fine until I booted it up. It kept locking up, I found out that the supplier of my hardware sent me a pc2100 ddr ram and a pc3200 ddr ram, (I didnt check to see if they were the same) they were installed in a Soyo P4X400 Lite mobo for several boot ups.
Turns out the mobo can only take pc2100. I took out the 3200 and kept the other one in. But Im still having the same problem. Could my memory be shot? Or do you think there is some other problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

check at start that memory is detected and showing correct amount. if it is then check bios settings. make sure there set to slowest settings and then see if it boots

Pyro-X said:
Hello,

Pardon my ignorance but I just built a new computer yesterday, Everything was fine until I booted it up. It kept locking up, I found out that the supplier of my hardware sent me a pc2100 ddr ram and a pc3200 ddr ram, (I didnt check to see if they were the same) they were installed in a Soyo P4X400 Lite mobo for several boot ups.
Turns out the mobo can only take pc2100. I took out the 3200 and kept the other one in. But Im still having the same problem. Could my memory be shot? Or do you think there is some other problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Was it working at one time? Did it stop working after you added the memory? If you can successfully boot to the BIOS then it is not the memory, unless you are trying to overclock the memory.

We need more information before we can continue.

killerdoberman said:
Was it working at one time? Did it stop working after you added the memory? If you can successfully boot to the BIOS then it is not the memory, unless you are trying to overclock the memory.

We need more information before we can continue.

This is a brand new Soyo motherboard. I emailed soyo, they said to reset the CMOS. Ill do that, but first, Would the ram sticks be destroyed? They are also brand new.

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom