ip question

clip

Solid State Member
hello everyone, just got a quick question about my ip address, i was wondering how can i find out my ip address if i am behind a router. If i go to start>run>cmd : ipconfig
it gives my my router ip, but i was wondering how can i find out the specific ip for this machine. Becuase my router ip starts with 192 but i have cable connection and its suppose to start with 24. And when i visit those website that give you your ipaddress, they give me the one that starts with 24. i was wondering how can i find that number myself on my machine. thx for the help

-clip

clip said:
hello everyone, just got a quick question about my ip address, i was wondering how can i find out my ip address if i am behind a router. If i go to start>run>cmd : ipconfig
it gives my my router ip, but i was wondering how can i find out the specific ip for this machine. Becuase my router ip starts with 192 but i have cable connection and its suppose to start with 24. And when i visit those website that give you your ipaddress, they give me the one that starts with 24. i was wondering how can i find that number myself on my machine. thx for the help

-clip
Start menu/run and type in
winipcfg
;)

Better yet...

Dos prompt type...ipconfig /all

That will tell you everything about your IP configuration and even configurationS if you have more then one adapter.

hey guys thx for the reply's, however i have windows xp so start>run>winipcfg doest work,
cmd: ipconfig/all works thought however it still doesn't give me the address that i get when i visit those website, is there ne other suggestions.
thx for all the help

-clip

clip said:
hey guys thx for the reply's, however i have windows xp so start>run>winipcfg doest work,
cmd: ipconfig/all works thought however it still doesn't give me the address that i get when i visit those website, is there ne other suggestions.
thx for all the help

-clip

Lay that on me again,Quote:
find out my ip ( is that what you wanted to know) ?
This was answered.
============
Now you want other sight addresses ?
Why,isn't www.good enough ?
only Administraters can do this.
:D

hey guys, no no idon't wanna find out ip address of other website and no the problem isn't finding out my ip address cuase yeah as u said i can do that from those website that give you your ip. But i want to know how can i find it out on my own computer without visiting any websites, its just that i wanna know where it is saved on my computer. thx for the help guys

-cLiP

I already told you. Pay attention now.

IPCONFIG /ALL
Host Name . . . . . . . . . :something.something.com
DNS Server. . . . . . . . . :123.234.234.100 <=outside IP address
Node Type . . . . . . . . . :Broadcast
NetBIOS Scope ID. . . . . . :
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . :No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . :No
NetBIOS Resolution Uses DNS :Yes

Ethernet adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . :3Com Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . :00-09-99-F3-FF-7E
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . :No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . :165.89.84.205 <=YOUR computer's actual IP address
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . :255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . :168.192.123.245 <=your router's IP address
Primary WINS Server . . . . :
Secondardy WINS Server. . . :
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . :01 01 80 12:00:00 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . :01 01 80 12:00:00 AM

What more do you need? This tells you everything you need to know about your IP addresses, internally and externally. There is no other IP addresses used that you will not see using IPCONFIG /ALL.

And if you are visiting a site that gives you a IP address that is not on listed on IPCONFIG /ALL. That means your provider is routing your broadband connection through through another computer.

OK It works

So what possible use or benefit is this to the avg. home user browsing to Disneyworld or playing games at Pogo's ?
ping www.yahoo.com
may be more usefull.
:p

Back
Top Bottom