Need info for xp

archsoulraven

Beta member
Ok, I am going to upgrade two of my computers to xp. Do i need to buy an xp package for each computer, or can I just legally use one package to upgrade both of them?

You would have to purchase two extra copies. They woulnd't let you do Volume Licencing for 3 Computers even if you wanted to do that. Maybe you could find somebody with an unlicenced version of XP? Try the Friday Ad?

Ive tried installing one copy of windows xp on two coms and it worked. But after that u r not going to be able to activate any one of them anymore.

Windows XP will deactivate in 31 Days if you don't register. Iamroot may have been lucky but eitherway its not worth trying; after 31 days you can get up a lot of stuff you don't want to loose.

Im just curious to what Microsoft is up to now since they r allowing pirated users of Microsoft to down load SP2 as well.

It doesn't matter with SP2 really; only 2 years for Longhorn at which point Pirate Copies will finally be a thing of the past. And Pirates have been able to download updates forever anyway.

So they're just trying to appear kind and concerned abt public safety on the net then.

Back
Top Bottom