1280 by 1024 Screen Resolution!

It depends; not on a smaller monitor (I wouldn't recommend 1280 by 1024 on anything less than 19inches) but it is devilish on the eyes if you're not used to Computers and even if you are then its hard. You do have to get used to the size of font and text and everything basically.

However, I can get a Desktop Wallpaper on a 1024 by 800 with loads of space on my desktop! I can view things I couldn't view on 1024 without looking across and thats important for me because I downloaded a Longhorn Sidebar not so long ago and on 1024 it makes it a bit annoying. On 1280 you can view an A4 Sheet at 100% with loads of space either side with 5 toolbars on the side and a sidebar outside of Word. It is very good. Always worth a look if you have a big enough monitor.

Sorry to kinda go off the subject but does anyone know if you can get 1280x 1024 on 15" flat panels moniters . Cheers .

I doubt it seriously. If you try it then it wqon't do anything damaging. It will just say it can't register it. Give it ago but even if it would work your eyes would explode after too long with it! :D

u cannot display such a large resolution on a small monitor because it would be near immpossible to read so the manufactures only allow them to go up to a tested resolution. i have a 20" CRT monitor and i use 1200*1024 - to me it looks exactly the same as on my old monitor, which was a 15" monitor on 1024*768 resolution but its just has more space. The greater the resolution the lower the frequency the monitor can display, personally i like to have atleast 85Hz so it doenst strain my eyes. hope that helps

well...i actually have used 1024x1280 for some time now on my 18.1". I can see everything fine. really clear. and i can see a lot more things. However, my 18.1" brok recently, and i have a 15" spare. To answer someone elses question, yes, you can have 1280x1024 on a 15". Call me crazy (as im sure you all will), but i have been using 1280x1024 on this 15" backup for about 1.5 months, nad its been fine. I also used it a long time back on this res on this 15" before i got my 18.1".

Itsme
yes...i like small resolution :)

1280x1024? thats huuuge!!

i use 1600x1200, on a 19" CRT monitor, plenty read-able! :D
I did run it at 2048x1400 for a while, and still would but it has 'lost' the ability to do this as driver upgrades came along.. :mad:

btw, hello everyone!
:D

Back
Top Bottom