Probems With Motherboard!!!!

stefanhenchoz

Beta member
Hi guys!

Im a newbie in the world of computers and guess what i hav stumbled upon a big problem, not big to you maybe, but just bloody annoying!

I have a ASRock K7VM2 motherboard and an AMD Athlon 2400+ processor. However problems occur when i adjust the running speed of the CPU in bios!

I can only run the cpu at 133mhz otherwise, my computer just shuts down with a blue screen and an error message saying "dumping of physical memory"

Now i would like to run it at a quicker speed, would it be safe to run it quicker? I have changed my memory twice, hasn't worked! its just so annoying! I hav also downloaded latest bios, no help either, what are your suggestions?

Also when you check ur computer spec, mine says the cpu is running at 1.59ghz, firstly y is this different to the reading in BIOS? and secondly i had an old computer, ran at 1.8ghz. Spent £250 on upgrades so i could play games better and yet my current computer runs crapper than my old one!

AAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!!!

Someone help please!
A reply would be most appreciated!

AMD Athlon 2400+
ASRock K7VM2 motherboard
512mb DDR
Geforce FX5200

stefanhenchoz said:
Hi guys!

Im a newbie in the world of computers and guess what i hav stumbled upon a big problem, not big to you maybe, but just bloody annoying!

I have a ASRock K7VM2 motherboard and an AMD Athlon 2400+ processor. However problems occur when i adjust the running speed of the CPU in bios!

I can only run the cpu at 133mhz otherwise, my computer just shuts down with a blue screen and an error message saying "dumping of physical memory"

Now i would like to run it at a quicker speed, would it be safe to run it quicker? I have changed my memory twice, hasn't worked! its just so annoying! I hav also downloaded latest bios, no help either, what are your suggestions?

Also when you check ur computer spec, mine says the cpu is running at 1.59ghz, firstly y is this different to the reading in BIOS? and secondly i had an old computer, ran at 1.8ghz. Spent £250 on upgrades so i could play games better and yet my current computer runs crapper than my old one!

AAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!!!

Someone help please!

AMD Athlon 2400+
ASRock K7VM2 motherboard
512mb DDR
Geforce FX5200

133Mhz? What was the level before you changed anything? Level of CPU Speed? I don't know much about it but I know that sounds pretty low. Are you planning to overclock it? Was your old one an Intel - AMD and Intel sort out the Clockspeeds differently; techincally this one should work the same as an Intel 2.4. Otherwise; I have no idea what could be causing it.

stefanhenchoz said:
Hi guys!

AAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!!!

Someone help please!

AMD Athlon 2400+
ASRock K7VM2 motherboard
512mb DDR
Geforce FX5200
1.Are you building this,if so you don't know how.
2.If you bought it,it wasn't clocked right,see them.
3.Stop fooling around and read the mbd manual.
It's a cpu clock speed setting.It's not automatic.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom