Lord Kalthorn is no Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.
i swear to god you seem like somebody that would be kissing bill gates ass and giving him head if you could. but okay whatever that's your business. good luck on linux though you will try hard not to like it because that is what immature people do.

GeforcebOY said:
You can say that again! *thought* what if someone invented a Computer with 2 P4s 3.4ghz x 2 = 6.8ghz (WOW) or AMD 64bits x 2 = 128bit processor (WOW AGAIN)
aside from the flaws in this statement that have already been ponited out, they already have invented duel processor machines.

Another thing I don't get about this thread is why neophaze seems to think that linux is the be all and end all of everything. :rolleyes:
Inspecting the source (pfft) it was only a few weeks ago you had a simple C program as your signature! ( i bet you were proud of it as well) you even went to the trouble of explaining it, and explaining that your were new to C, so unless you have super human learning abilities access to the source is of no benefit to you because you don't know what to do with it once you've got it! :eek: :rolleyes:

Lord K, you really should give linux a proper try before you pass judgement, it is quite good to use, but however there is a lot of choice.

Whilst making our judgements remeber hat you are learning how to do everything from a start, so don't mark the OS against windows, the two OS's are completly different and have different strengths an weaknesses.
It needs to be assesed on it's own merits.

I'm sure you can make your on informed decisions, and frankly I'd take more note of your apraisal and critisisms than I would the constant praiseing od Linux by some kid who thinks source access makes an OS great. (despite not understanding it anyway!)

root said:
aside from the flaws in this statement that have already been ponited out, they already have invented duel processor machines.

Another thing I don't get about this thread is why neophaze seems to think that linux is the be all and end all of everything. :rolleyes:
Inspecting the source (pfft) it was only a few weeks ago you had a simple C program as your signature! ( i bet you were proud of it as well) you even went to the trouble of explaining it, and explaining that your were new to C, so unless you have super human learning abilities access to the source is of no benefit to you because you don't know what to do with it once you've got it! !:eek: :rolleyes:

Lord K, you really should give linux a proper try before you pass judgement, it is quite good to use, but however there is a lot of choice.

Whilst making our judgements remeber hat you are learning how to do everything from a start, so don't mark the OS against windows, the two OS's are completly different and have different strengths an weaknesses.
It needs to be assesed on it's own merits.

I'm sure you can make your on informed decisions, and frankly I'd take more note of your apraisal and critisisms than I would the constant praiseing od Linux by some kid who thinks source access makes an OS great. (despite not understanding it anyway!)

Lol!

I like your style; and I was planning to give Linux a good chance - but as you've said one of Linux's big 'good' thing is Source Code Access. I have no use for that even if I knew how to use it - which sadly I do not quite yet. (although my endeavour continues). I like Windows not because it is Microsoft - I like Microsoft because it makes Windows! Windows therefore does for me what I want it to do and more. I want usability - I want ease of use - I want the ability to use functions built into Windows which allow huge amounts of ease of use - I want the graphics - I want the knowledge that whatever I download or buy I can use it. I want an OS which is the best in the most needs of an OS that exist. So I like Windows.

I will however give lInux a very good chance. I will spend a good deal of time on it and try and find what I like about it. I doubt I'll like it for one simply reason - Windows already has everything I want from an OS. I have no use for the Code because I don't plan to build an OS; and that Open-Source does seem to really be the only thing that Linux is.

noephaze said:
i swear to god you seem like somebody that would be kissing bill gates ass and giving him head if you could. but okay whatever that's your business. good luck on linux though you will try hard not to like it because that is what immature people do.

Should I dignify that with an answer? Lol. :rolleyes:

Linux Suck (Full Stop) . Tryed it and hated it the vissual well compared to windows and mac is boring and sad . You cannot get any good games for it. By the way i would like to point out the windows is well worth its $ and that linux hasn't got any thing on windows . Linux is probally kissed bill gates ass because that wish they could be as good as windows . ( i ain't having a go at YOU just linux)

GeforcebOY said:
Linux Suck (Full Stop) . Tryed it and hated it the vissual well compared to windows and mac is boring and sad . You cannot get any good games for it. By the way i would like to point out the windows is well worth its $ and that linux hasn't got any thing on windows . Linux is probally kissed bill gates ass because that wish they could be as good as windows . ( i ain't having a go at YOU just linux)
The visual appeal, compared to windows, is actaully much beter, there are several different desktop managers available and hundreds of different styles available for each, I don't beleieve for one second you tried them all before coming out with that.

As far as games go, no there isn't very many games for linux (yet) but most games can be played with the windows emulator (WINe). - No this isn't windows it's a windows API emulator that enables some windows programs to run under linux.

I seriously doubt any Linux fan kissed bil gates anything as most linux lovers are renound as windows haters.

And Neophase I hope you wern't taking at me, whilst my point may have appeared rude, I felt a good point was made, your principal reason for liking linux is it's free and open source.
whilst most people pirate windows anyway, (and MS claw back money from businesses) and you don't know what to do with the source I think your two princial linux loving reasons have been blown out of the water. perhaps you could come up with more reasons?

As it stands windows supports more hardware, more software.
Linux supports less hareware and less software. (even with emulation)

platform stability isn't really an issue since windows started using protected memory, and now your system is as stable as the hardware head room lets it be.

so, can anyone supply any reasons for choosing Linux over windows?

GeforcebOY said:
Good words Geforceboy! (Although it could have been put more tenderly) Lol! After I have tried Linux I shall have to write a nice Review like Longhorn and Geforce 6800! :D

The graphics I saw were nothing against Windows - and as I said in another of these battle threads as they have turned into: Linux could not handle the pressure that Windows does for even 2 weeks without being crushed. If Linux was bombarded by the Viruses Windows is in such quantities - used by so many people as Windows is - and available to such a huge amount of people as Windows is then it wodul fall apart and die. It is not built for that - nor is there the ability with Open-Source for it to be built as such.

root said:
The visual appeal, compared to windows, is actaully much beter, there are several different desktop managers available and hundreds of different styles available for each, I don't beleieve for one second you tried them all before coming out with that.

As far as games go, no there isn't very many games for linux (yet) but most games can be played with the windows emulator (WINe). - No this isn't windows it's a windows API emulator that enables some windows programs to run under linux.

I seriously doubt any Linux fan kissed bil gates anything as most linux lovers are renound as windows haters.

And Neophase I hope you wern't taking at me, whilst my point may have appeared rude, I felt a good point was made, your principal reason for liking linux is it's free and open source.
whilst most people pirate windows anyway, (and MS claw back money from businesses) and you don't know what to do with the source I think your two princial linux loving reasons have been blown out of the water. perhaps you could come up with more reasons?

As it stands windows supports more hardware, more software.
Linux supports less hareware and less software. (even with emulation)

platform stability isn't really an issue since windows started using protected memory, and now your system is as stable as the hardware head room lets it be.

so, can anyone supply any reasons for choosing Linux over windows?
He probably didn't - but there are; and I can prove to you if you want - 1,242 Different XP Styles for FREE on Themexp.org alone. There are probably 5 times if not more that number on the web. Does Linux have that many?

WINe sounds like an answer to a lot of Linux questions; seems to me that it could be a little hypocritical to be using Windows to fight against in.

LOL! He's got a point there - they generally are - look at Noephaze.

He has good points there - the reasons for your liking of Linux have been really torn apart by the half a dozen or so Linux vs. Windows Conversations that have arisen for some unknown reason.

We do need some viable reasons for Linux above Windows here really - although perhaps blood would get more normal if we were to stop this altogether.

noephaze said:
lmfao you're fucking stupid you fucking prick.
The swearing should probably stop - he did not drop to foul language against you, and I have taken many insults against Windows with good humour from you and more people. The personal insults should be left to worse or more low brow Forums - especially offensive insults.
- - - - - - - -​
As a nice end to that: I realise Linux is good - and I will try to see it - but you (Noephaze) should expect the same from yourself with Windows if you are to expect it from I so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom